Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there changed over to Blue Marble?? Looking for a report on HP increases (as far fetched as that sounds from a motor oil) exhaust valve cleanliness/gum buildup, and if anybody followed the "seasoning" in of Blue Marble as recommended from a change from Polaris VES or other motor oil. I am thinking about changing over if the valves are cleaner and if this oil is indeed better for the motor, and as an added bonus it's cheaper!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know guys I ran it last year in all my sleds and so far so good. very low smoke. I do have all my oil pumps backed off to use about 1qt per 160ish miles and everything is good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have used it now for two seasons along with a couple of friends and would say I prefer it over Poo oil. There is less smoke, valves are cleaner, and doesn't cost anymore than Poo oil. As far as increased hp? I am not sure how you would know a couple of horses anyway without a dyno. There are other threads on Blue marble as well. Read some of them. Some are far fetched and somewhat funny. I especially like the guys that blew up their sleds and BM was at fault.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I tried the VESII and my valves gummed up real fast. Tried several other oils with various results as far as valves go that season and went back to what I started with. Yamalube 2........ Just happened to be the oil my dealer said was the worst stuff I could use in my 03' 800ves.... After 8000 miles I decided to do the top end since I was putting on a head for twin pipes anyway. (found out HTG twin pipes fit the Edge xc chassis, not the Edge RMK/switchback/sks chassis)The pistons looked great and had most of the grafal coating intact, rings were free and not gummed up in anyway and had no signs of blowby on the pistons. The biggest drawback with using Yamalube 2 is I can't sell it and recieve a commision and I have nothing to do when my buddies are cleaning their valves.......I have an amsoil sticker on my sled and keep refilling my amsoil jugs so nobody picks on me for using yamalube2. They just can't figure out why my valves stay so much cleaner than theirs!

[attachment=280842:DSC00021.jpeg]

That would be my amsoil sticker on the dash!

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I would be inclined to say that there isnt .5 HP differance fron the cheapest snowmobile oil to the the most expensive snake oil you can buy. Having said that use what ever you think keeps your valves the cleanest and thats that. I run a mix of interceptor and what ever is around the gas station. I would guess I run about 90% interceptor but I cant say it keep my valves as clean as I would like.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
ive read and been told, that BM does not have any of the corrosion resisting additives much like the amsoil dominator racing oil. so while using the BM or moniator oils your motor bearings and such will be more apt to rust up. i stick with interceptor for this reason and have friends who use the yamalube as well. that yamalube is good stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts