Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I blew a piston, I'd like to get my cylinders bored out. Where's the best/cheapest place to do that in N.B.? Does A&C do this? Does anyone know the approx. cost? It's in a '92 trail with 5400 miles on it, I've only got $500 invested in it so I'm thinking it's worth the trouble.

Any help or opinions on this will be appreciated... Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bill Bune enterprises is the best that I can think of for you. They can bore your cylinders and order you the gaskets, pistons, and needle bearings. My guess is they are very busy right now. You maybe better off finding a similar sled for the cost of repairs, then you have parts. This should give you an idea for cost from them, and a ball park for everyone else.

http://www.billbune.com/main.html

·
Registered
860 Posts
I will second Bill Bune. His shop has done excellent work for me every time. He is who I use for my machine work for all of my customers and personal machines.

I will add that I would figure out why it went down first before you dump some money into it and have it happen again.

Jason

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I will second Bill Bune. His shop has done excellent work for me every time. He is who I use for my machine work for all of my customers and personal machines.

I will add that I would figure out why it went down first before you dump some money into it and have it happen again.

Jason[/b]

Bill has been a real good place to go to for many years for me also. Recently I bored out a cylinder for the motorcycle and they ball honed it and cleaned up the ports and now it works like a charm...........as always it's my opinion.

Although I am currently looking for a cylinder or I may try a sleve for my 800 storm ..........!!!!.....HELP !!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, skidont does doug bore 'em out too? Or do you think he's probably just got a jug layin' around?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
if it isnt to bad just a hone to clean it up , you should be up and running by friday while trails are still good

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks guys, skidont does doug bore 'em out too? Or do you think he's probably just got a jug layin' around?[/b]

Stop in at Olson Power and see Rick, or Dan for an upgrade to a Rev. You will NOT be sorry you did!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL BTW I cant think of another thread with a blown piston in a fan motor!! My dads 90 sport GT has 9000 miles on it, and we beat the piss out of it as kids![/b]
I guess I'm just lucky!
Took the jug down to stacy, they'll bore it out for $35. Thy're ordering the piston and whatnot, I'm probably lookin' at a couple weeks I figure. Sounds like it's gonna rain Sun anyways so I'm not to worried about it. I'll be ready for round two...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stop in at Olson Power and see Rick, or Dan for an upgrade to a Rev. You will NOT be sorry you did!!![/b]
Oh I will when I get some cash together, I've been eyeballin those 550 fans... Maybe in the spring when they go on sale. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Stacy has good deals on polaris' right now 2005's , 2006's and 2007's , Oh and they have more than 1 mechanic working there

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Stacy has good deals on polaris' right now 2005's , 2006's and 2007's , Oh and they have more than 1 mechanic working there[/b]

:puke: Not really a Poo fan and never have been.

Hey Dano you seem kinda sarcastic, did you hear anything on yours yet?? I heard you had some problems. BTW you missed all the angry glares between you know who this last weekend.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
just alittle angry right now Dean

Torch , main computer burnt out and they installed the wrong jets but I have 300 more miles than I had last december

Rick really has to give it up , he moved out she didnt besides they only had sledding and gambling in common

"AH marriage , just find someone you cant stand and buy them a house " always loved that one

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:puke: Not really a Poo fan and never have been.

Hey Dano you seem kinda sarcastic, did you hear anything on yours yet?? I heard you had some problems. BTW you missed all the angry glares between you know who this last weekend.[/b]
I'm big on anything that doesn't blow up on the trail! I don't care if it's poo, doo, or cat shit! I just want it to run... :cussing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts