Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys with ZR800's or ZR900's blowing belts more than usual this year?

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Left....right and center. It would appear that the current stock of factory belts are a problem. My 800 last season had no issue with belts but suddenly with a new belt this year 300 miles and its chunking. I've ridden with a 900 rider that is having the same problem.

Rick.

·
Registered
863 Posts
on my 03 zr8 i am still running the original cat belt...about 400 miles on the ice racing with the orginnal belt...no problems yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chunked my belt out at 600 miles. 2003 ZR900 stock with reverse (lower gearing). Seems to be a big problem according to posts on amsnow.
Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Last year I put 900 miles on the belt it came with, no proplems. I bought it this time last year and removed one shim half way through the season.

This year I have some work done to it and have 450 so far with no problems. Everybody wants to try and beat a 900 so it has lots of lake runs on it. This belt was broken in for 16 miles at the grass drags!

My dealer said that lots of guys are blowing the belts, and anything with twins pipes is compounding their problems.

03 ZR900

1 - 7 of 7 Posts