Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really tried breaking this last one in, and it still went, the thing is, i went 1500 miles on my first one and then i took a shim out, now im blowing em left and right, i think im goin to throw that shim back in just for shits.

·
Registered
593 Posts
check ypour motor mounts. Some times if they are damaged then the the engine and clutch will move more than they should. The added stress on the belt would cause it to break. I have almost 1500 miles on the first belt.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I talked to the parts department at my arctic cat dealer and he said that all of the
xxx-xxx--20 belts were junk this year and that he had not seen a good one yet. he said that the rubber wasnt bonding good or something. I dont know if he is right but that is just what I heard.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
700 miles on mine, i just looked at it. it is riding flush with the sheavs
i think i will put a new one on.
i think it should last a lot longer, but it has a lot of power put to it.
i refuse to take out shims. so i will change belts more often> <_<

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i don't know much about shims and whatnot, don't know much about the clutches actually, but how far should i be able to push the top of the belt down when the engine is off and clutches at still, seems like i can push mine down alot, probably about 3 inches or so, i have 950 miles of the belt

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
if you put a staight edge across the two clutches on top of the belt you should be able to push it down 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 no more

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
christ, i know i have at least double that, i do alot of hard accerlerating, did it stretch that much, and what would be my losses with it, it seems to ride good other than that, about 98 on a fresh groomed trail, so it seems to be hauling along just fine yet

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Broke my belt with a lousy 120 miles on it. I wasn't too happy. Luckily RedF5SP was there to save the day. He had the spare, I didn't so I bought his from him and installed it. Gonna ask my dealer to refund me, but who knows what will happen.

Nick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me and my buddy w/ his f7 both blew them this past weekend.--not blown but chunked.

My brother on his zr900 blew his on a lake at 85 mph and it blew through his lower belly pan..That's what he gets for riding a zr! :p B) :lol: :D :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Firecat_freak

Try a new belt and see if it's the same. You may have to take a shim or two out if it is

1 - 16 of 16 Posts