Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mud lake sudbury 2000 ft clutched y pipe airbox mod, 14'' track 1.375 studs. first pass 122.6mph second 123.9mph thrid 124.7mph. the rpms would pull down to 7150 off the line then climb to 7540rpm by the end of the run. The temp was -1c. I have to say these sleds rock other people who were there were impressed. Two other f1000 stock were running 119-121 mph. It was a good showing.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
mud lake sudbury 2000 ft clutched y pipe airbox mod, 14'' track 1.375 studs. first pass 122.6mph second 123.9mph thrid 124.7mph. the rpms would pull down to 7150 off the line then climb to 7540rpm by the end of the run. The temp was -1c. I have to say these sleds rock other people who were there were impressed. Two other f1000 stock were running 119-121 mph. It was a good showing.[/b]
Getting some good speeds!!! The guys tell me the distance was 3000 feet!

·
Registered
588 Posts
mud lake sudbury 2000 ft clutched y pipe airbox mod, 14'' track 1.375 studs. first pass 122.6mph second 123.9mph thrid 124.7mph. the rpms would pull down to 7150 off the line then climb to 7540rpm by the end of the run. The temp was -1c. I have to say these sleds rock other people who were there were impressed. Two other f1000 stock were running 119-121 mph. It was a good showing.[/b]

That definatly impressed me as I didn't think there was enough gear for that. :div20: Now all you need is a new gear and some fine tuning with your clutching and this thing will really fly. :no_bashing: All in all great for a first showing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I shouold have made the trip to run my machine. Those are nice speeds. Maybe next weekend.Hey BLK f1000 what is your clutch kit consist of? PM me if you wish. I have the y pipe and Bulseyes but havent put them in yet.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
what are the geared for at 7300rpm with overdrive??[/b]
I think they are about out of gear at 121mph at 7300. That's why the overrev required to make the 124. Taller gears, or higher reving pipe will be required to go much faster.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Great speeds that is for sure. As I understand it the F7 of Stone with equal traction just freight trained the F1000 in a race out of th ewhole or roll on and was 2 mph faster in 3000 feet. The Firecat still is a champ in speed runs that is for sure but give more time to the F1000 and it may show its torque. Convinced me that boondockers is not required.

ptm

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Great speeds that is for sure. As I understand it the F7 of Stone with equal traction just freight trained the F1000 in a race out of th ewhole or roll on and was 2 mph faster in 3000 feet. The Firecat still is a champ in speed runs that is for sure but give more time to the F1000 and it may show its torque. Convinced me that boondockers is not required.

ptm[/b]
This means the world to me coming from you Stan . WOW ......I must say you have most definitely proven to all of us you are a man of your word . Telling it like it is ....no matter what .......not very often do you have good stuff to say so pardon me while I bask in the glory of this post ...because frankly you didn't have to say anything positive if you didn't want to . Thanks for being honest ...hope to see you guys soon ....think snow . Dave :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
This means the world to me coming from you Stan . WOW ......I must say you have most definitely proven to all of us you are a man of your word . Telling it like it is ....no matter what .......not very often do you have good stuff to say so pardon me while I bask in the glory of this post ...because frankly you didn't have to say anything positive if you didn't want to . Thanks for being honest ...hope to see you guys soon ....think snow . Dave :beerchug:[/b]
So what are these guys gonna have to do to beat stone's F700???? :smilielol:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
top speed isn't very good with mods. It might be good for the particular pig your trying to make fast but not real world good.

I'm dissapointed... with the performance of the new f10. I don't think it is very good for average consumers, do you?

or am I way off base? was i dreaming with my slightly modded 98 t-cat or my box stock f7 back in the day???am I dreaming when i see sno pro(mod firecat) win race after race???

Honestly, I'm here looking for reasons to buy a new f !!!! thats it>> I know they are heavy and have been detuned but they are much,much worse then we think, HUH

lake racers dream?no..sno cross racers dream?no cross country racers dream?no ---old man with lots of money who wants to cruise and show off in comforts dream..yes

so whos' dream is it?? not mine

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
top speed isn't very good with mods. It might be good for the particular pig your trying to make fast but not real world good.

I'm dissapointed... with the performance of the new f10. I don't think it is very good for average consumers, do you?

or am I way off base? was i dreaming with my slightly modded 98 t-cat or my box stock f7 back in the day???am I dreaming when i see sno pro(mod firecat) win race after race???

Honestly, I'm here looking for reasons to buy a new f !!!! thats it>> I know they are heavy and have been detuned but they are much,much worse then we think, HUH

lake racers dream?no..sno cross racers dream?no cross country racers dream?no ---old man with lots of money who wants to cruise and show off in comforts dream..yes

so whos' dream is it?? not mine[/b]

You know, after a while people start to beleive the negative shit that gets posted. I beleive you are one of those people. Performance. Let state what this sled is. It was designed to out perform the Mach. First point, on the trail there is no comparison as it flat rocks, out handles them in every way ans any other sled out there right now on the trail. We can debate it but most will agree. In a drag race the 1000 cat once setup is formidable with anything including the champ F7 in short distances, yes I said f7 champ not mach. On the lake it is very fast as nearly 125 mph says and that is without much in the way of tune time. The first year the mach came out it took the better part of the entire year to get them to mph as good tuners had time to set them up but once they did they were a formidable sled in real long distances. I know of many machs without tthe use of nos getting hosed by a well setup cat1000 bottom to top but it is a good race as it should be. It is a tuners game. Lastly, Comfort on trail. With cats ergonomic setup it has to be the most comfortable machine to ride all day and as anyone knows a torquey motor is easy on the trail as well for all day use as it takes less motor to carry speed. The fuel maileage is also very good as well. FUCK I think I may have talked myself into getting one. Anyone want an orange F7 custom. HAHAHA It may have some first year issues and I don't like the lack of painted panels but overall it is lookinglike a great sled as is the F8 that is a real sleeper and likely the strongest 800 of 07 and that is before playing with it. You don't like it please point out where I am wrong and if you have not ridden one then do not comment on the other parts as you have to ride one to understand. The moment I rode the Jag last year I knew cat had a winner and as this year finally gets going we will see more and more people have good comments about this chassis and motor setup. Unitl then it is all opinions and like my Dad always said opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Jester

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
You know, after a while people start to beleive the negative shit that gets posted. I beleive you are one of those people. Performance. Let state what this sled is. It was designed to out perform the Mach. First point, on the trail there is no comparison as it flat rocks, out handles them in every way ans any other sled out there right now on the trail. We can debate it but most will agree. In a drag race the 1000 cat once setup is formidable with anything including the champ F7 in short distances, yes I said f7 champ not mach. On the lake it is very fast as nearly 125 mph says and that is without much in the way of tune time. The first year the mach came out it took the better part of the entire year to get them to mph as good tuners had time to set them up but once they did they were a formidable sled in real long distances. I know of many machs without tthe use of nos getting hosed by a well setup cat1000 bottom to top but it is a good race as it should be. It is a tuners game. Lastly, Comfort on trail. With cats ergonomic setup it has to be the most comfortable machine to ride all day and as anyone knows a torquey motor is easy on the trail as well for all day use as it takes less motor to carry speed. The fuel maileage is also very good as well. FUCK I think I may have talked myself into getting one. Anyone want an orange F7 custom. HAHAHA It may have some first year issues and I don't like the lack of painted panels but overall it is lookinglike a great sled as is the F8 that is a real sleeper and likely the strongest 800 of 07 and that is before playing with it. You don't like it please point out where I am wrong and if you have not ridden one then do not comment on the other parts as you have to ride one to understand. The moment I rode the Jag last year I knew cat had a winner and as this year finally gets going we will see more and more people have good comments about this chassis and motor setup. Unitl then it is all opinions and like my Dad always said opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Jester[/b]

Jester

I have to respectively disagree with your thoughts. I had a first year F7 and it had many many growing pains and when they were sorted out by the ned of the year while it was fast it was in no way shape or form as fast as my Mach was at the end of the first year. When you say with little tune an F7 you are completely wrong. It has taken many an hour of testing and tuning on the dyno and the field to get the F7 to where some can get it now. You notice I mention some as this comes down to tuner and you will not see a newer DD Firecat do what the chain is doing now.

I love the Firecat for racing purposes mostly as they are without a doubt in my mind the best sled for straightline racing. Now put that sled with the right tuner on glare ice power to weight shines through. Put it on snow and HP shows its strength and there are many Machs that will beat it up if in comparable tune and I believe on glare ice this will also be the case where they can run that speed as well but again mods and tuning as the F7 of Stones is not surely not stock.

I have not had the pleasure of riding a new F1000 but when Billy Howard tells me it is the best trail sled he has riden I take that to the bank. I still think it is much to early to say to much but so far I agree that it is a sled that has great potential with the right tuning and tuning parts.

ptm

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
Jester

I have to respectively disagree with your thoughts. I had a first year F7 and it had many many growing pains and when they were sorted out by the ned of the year while it was fast it was in no way shape or form as fast as my Mach was at the end of the first year. When you say with little tune an F7 you are completely wrong. It has taken many an hour of testing and tuning on the dyno and the field to get the F7 to where some can get it now. You notice I mention some as this comes down to tuner and you will not see a newer DD Firecat do what the chain is doing now.

I love the Firecat for racing purposes mostly as they are without a doubt in my mind the best sled for straightline racing. Now put that sled with the right tuner on glare ice power to weight shines through. Put it on snow and HP shows its strength and there are many Machs that will beat it up if in comparable tune and I believe on glare ice this will also be the case where they can run that speed as well but again mods and tuning as the F7 of Stones is not surely not stock.

I have not had the pleasure of riding a new F1000 but when Billy Howard tells me it is the best trail sled he has riden I take that to the bank. I still think it is much to early to say to much but so far I agree that it is a sled that has great potential with the right tuning and tuning parts.

ptm[/b]

Sorry Stan!

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant as the short race champ F7 not long race champ. The mach is still king of long races until it gets knocked off. A even descent setup F7 ddrive or not will give even a good running mach fits in 660 becaue its a great straitline chassis but after that the mach takes over and runs away(Well tuned). i was comparing the f1000 in short racing to the shrot racing champ and not the mach. My point was that in comparison to the mach it takes time and like you said many many hours of tuning to get these sleds setup up to carry the high speeds like Stone's F7 did. His is without a doubt a very fast and likely one of the fastest 700's out there but most definitley not the norm. Mine will not touch his as 120 is likely the max for me and others with ddrive. My comparison was between the mach and what the cat 1000 was designed for and i beleive that it met its goal. You an I both know that mid 120's out of a mach is done with lots and lots of time put in to get them to run that way. Most, like the cat 1000 will run 117-119 at optimum in good conditions. I am not taking anything away from the mach at all. But it does have its shortfalls. The low slung front end makes rutted trails a fist full of fun and you know what I mean. Not so on the cat 1000 as it is well suspended. I wish cat would take a trip to BRP to learn how to route wires and paint and how to do plastic and while on the trip stop off in japan and really learn how to do it at another level. We can all hope on that one. Sorry if I was not clearer on what I was comparing. Just get a little ticked when I see people taking the internet crap too seriously and not basing on what has actually been done. For the most part the mach and cat 1000 are a pretty good match but in ride and handling the cat has the upper hand for now. A little bidrie told me that a new chassis for the rev is large ebough to handle a big bore 1000 and larger. If you saw the new 08 chassis i really like the look of it by the way. It is cool! But that probably does not say alot as I like the look of the new cats too! HAHAHA!

Jester

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Jester - all is good. See how things get lost in the translation. I 100% agree with the Mach and its issues. I feel it every day and will for the rest of my life. I do like my Mach even with this problem I had I just wish BRP would give us back what we had the first year. Many a Mach owners have left for Apex's and now back to the place they started with Cat. I was very close to buying a new F1000 and am glad I did not with the winter we are having and it will allow the bugs to get worked out and the tuners to make them go ready for next year where a choice can be made. But I have also heard of the new BRP chassis and a possible supercharged sled for next year ....................but wait.........I am the puddytatman not the puddymachman and where else will I get to argue with anyone............... :celebrating:

Now give me some tips for the F7 FF as my buddy just bought a new non current. :banana:

ptm

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Many a Mach owners have left for Apex's and now back to the place they started with Cat.

ptm[/b]
Stan, wtf?? They are all back to cat? The only person I know of is stone. I think in his situation he couldn't give away the 06 F7 and had to sell the Apex to fund buying his tar sled.....

You gonna bring that big bad mach out this weekend? I have to work...but there'll be plenty of sleds for you to run!!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Stan, wtf?? They are all back to cat? The only person I know of is stone. I think in his situation he couldn't give away the 06 F7 and had to sell the Apex to fund buying his tar sled.....

You gonna bring that big bad mach out this weekend? I have to work...but there'll be plenty of sleds for you to run!![/b]

wtf???? i guess the translation is lost there to and I can see why when i read it. What I was meaning to write was that many cat guys left for the bigger mach twin something many wanted when the tripled died. With the F1000 introduced many have now gone back to Cat. Also many left the mach for the Apex. I guess it may look like I said left the Mach for Apexs and then went back to Cat.

Doubt I will be out for 2 weekends. I have a hockey tournment next weekend and this weekend is rain rain rain......blah
When you bringing the Apex with the 90 HP NOS shot out?????????

ptm

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
wtf???? i guess the translation is lost there to and I can see why when i read it. What I was meaning to write was that many cat guys left for the bigger mach twin something many wanted when the tripled died. With the F1000 introduced many have now gone back to Cat. Also many left the mach for the Apex. I guess it may look like I said left the Mach for Apexs and then went back to Cat.

Doubt I will be out for 2 weekends. I have a hockey tournment next weekend and this weekend is rain rain rain......blah
When you bringing the Apex with the 90 HP NOS shot out?????????

ptm[/b]

I figured it wasn't typed right!! Apex testing presumes once there is ice up north!! Maybe this weekend!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.