Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Yup. All reports say the shit is coming in hot and gonna pile up. Buddy who runs groomer on hill . Is already planning on doing an 80 mile loop with no drag just to bust it open then hooking the drag after . If 4 ft comes that fast it’s gonna be serious shit going on from thruway exit 33 north to hill.supposed to start in about 5 hours. Nothing happening here yet. If it comes that hard guys may want to drop in north Rome or lee/lee center and ride up from there. Maybe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heading up to Speculator tomorrow, rent a place up there for the season. On the outer edge of the lake effect, but hopefully we get more!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I saw the high winds also. :ermm:
Yes, that could mean trees down across the trails. My guess is anywhere, but most likely along the woods trails.

Because of work, I'm sitting put until Tuesday-Wednesday. Everything should be sorted by then.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Some trees were down but cleared soon. Guy died outside Talbots corners. It was sad. Mob scene yesterday.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Some trees were down but cleared soon. Guy died outside Talbots corners. It was sad. Mob scene yesterday.
we came up the truck trail and they stopped us. couldn't go that way. very sad. sleds everywhere. makes no sense, the past month on the hill has been spectacular , and no one there. they get tons of snow at once and the place gets mobbed . i can only imagine the bumps in the afternoon. we were there at 10am or so , and it was still nice.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
After a major Lake Effect dump is one of the worst times to ride unless you are the one busting the powder. Once the traffic hits it only takes a few sleds to make the bumps due to the snow not packing well.
It usually takes a couple days before the snow starts to pack in to the point the grooming actually stays for a while.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
yeah, i knew better and stayed below. we did come in to barrow's , up the truck trail, got re-directed so went down plumber . lunch at whiskey jack's, gas in cville , across the road and on to boonville.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts