Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well no pix yet but i just got home from a LONG walk home cuz that damn sled just blew out the drive sprockets. Tell me do you think its going to be worth fixing or just parting out? I plan on getting rid of it either way... Any bright ideas? I dont know what the price is going to be to fix it yet but any input would help. Ill get pix tomorrow.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You will have less than a $100 dollars in new drive sprockets and then you take the shaft and new drives to someone who has a press so you can press off the old ones and press the new ones on. take note on where they go. I did mine in 4 hours 2hrs on the shaft and the other 2 dissasemble and assembly.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im beginning to wonder if im going to bother... I just did a rough part out estimate and came out alot better off than selling it out.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I changed mine on my 02 ZR800 by myself. Had them pressed on for me but otherwise my own labour. Good lessons learned in skid removal, driveshaft removal, bearing replacement, drive chain assembly, etc...What kind of shape is your track in? When my drive went it chewed up my track drivers.

Order the parts and get it together, its gonna be a perfect winter to own a sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts