Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K i added a speedwerx pipe and vforce 3 reeds to the sled a little while ago i went on a couple trips and the last trip i was rippin through the field and all of a sudden there was a big bog and the sled shut off. we looked at the piston and the pistion rings it looks like they just melted down . the pot is iffy if its any good but i just need some help tell me whether it was a fuel issue when i added the pipe and reed without doing nothing else. the piston had no hole in it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Do you have a can on the sled? My son got one for xmas, (mbrp) we tried it on my F7 for shits and giggles, and it would not run worth a crap, that is with a BMP pipe mod and D&D y pipe, perhaps too little back pressure could be a major contributor, just one thought.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found out what my problem was. i had the sled to the nuts so long that i was no longer get enough oil to the piston so it melted the piston ring into the piston no hole in the piston . held it to long without lettin off . if i had the fuel pressure regulator i would have been fine. 38 lbs is stock fuel pressure i believe. i put the stock pipe back on with the mbrp can after i changed both pistons. the pots were good, that was a relief. $800 a piece. ive got another problem , when i go to start the sled it has not been starting like before on 1 pull. when it does start ,it seems like its almost floodin itself , i'm thinkin something with plugs but then again maybe the computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.