Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does bleeding these hoses exactly mean, what does it do, and how do I do this? :dunno: Doesn't it mean getting all the air out of the hoses so it allows the liquids to move through them. Im just wondering because I replaced all the fuel,coolant, and oil lines this summer and now as I am putting the fluids back in they dont seem to be going through the hoses. HELP PLEASE! :div20:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
you dont have to bleed the fuel lines i do not believe. could be wrong. but to bleed the oil there is a bleeder on the pump and for the coolant you are spose to jack up the back of the sled and run it then jack up the back and run it and something liek that. someone else will come along and post the exact bleeding procedures. i cant find my manual to do it at the moment, sorry.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a new problem now. The sled starts fine its obviously getting gas where it needs to be but the oil is not being pumped from the oil pump to each side of the engine. Oil is getting to the pump because when i open the bleeder screw oild rushes out but it doesnt want to get throught the hoses. Why would this happen? Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
730 Posts
just crack the bleeder screw till all air is gone from main line like you did,
the other lines will eventually pump through. if you want give the sled a fast idle, and hold the oil pump open w/ your hand. or just add some to the gas and forget about it, until everythings pumped through

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried again tonight and the oil pump still won't push the oil through the lines going to each of the cylinders. Are there valves in the pump that could be broke or stuck partially shut because there is a very little amount of oil that has started to go through these hoses and I still dont see why it won't fill through all the way. I thought if I started the sled and let it run for a minute it might get the oil flowing but then it just comes to a stand still or just barely pulsates in the clear hoses but does not move forward. I don't want to leave it running to long obviously beacause there is no oil lubricating the pistons and I don't want to blow the motor. Any help would be much appreciated! THANKS! :banghead: :dunno:

·
Registered
730 Posts
mix your gas,( no need for full tank) put some miles on and see what happens that way your safe either way, bleed the pump one more time, make sure theres no kinks,foil tops in filter etc. if its still a problem then maybe the pumps bad, but they very seldom go

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yeah, while bleeding the oil lines, you'd best have some 40:1 premix in the tank. If oil is coming out of the pump bleed screw, close it, and hold the pump arm at full throttle position with the sled above idle. It will start pumping...the pump just pumps so little oil at idle, it takes some time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
First add oil to your fuel, mix apx amount of your injector oil into your fuel, if your tank if full add a qt. or less depending on fuel in tank. To much oil will never hurt your motor not enough will destroy it.
Start your motor and hold the lever on your pump wide open, this will run the max amount of oil thr pump can move and should flow threw your system quickly. When the pump lever is in idle position it is moving the minimunm amount of oil needed. I always add a half qt. of iunjector oil to my fuel tank and run my sled and watch my oil tank and make sure the level goes down and the pump is workink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts