Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 RX 1 that I bought this year, I have done quite of TLC to this sled, finding I had a very minor coolant leak in the right lower heat exchanger. After removing the exchanger finding a very tiny, I mean tiny leak were the bracket for the upper boogy wheels mount had after time caused the aluminum to chaffer creating a itty bitty crack.

This leak caused air to enter the system and then overheat the sled after less a mile, I was unaware of the air in the system. With new parts ordered and some ideas to eliminate the rubbing between the areas of contact.

How do I bleed the system of air, Yamaha is not very clear of this and any advice would go a long way. My Polaris's I had owned had bleeders.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There is a bleed screw under the plastic between the exhaust outlets. Tip the rear of the sled in the air and run it while opening and closing the bleed valve...you know the drill.

To get the plastic off there aretwo screws one on each side under the running boards. Have fun, I'm going to swapping my coolnt this next week with engne ice coolant.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this will make the whole process alot smoother.... Let me know how you like to Ice Coolant, I have looking at that product..Happy New Year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.