Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
If they keep the price down this thing will sell like hot cakes. This is just what sledding needed. Can you imagine this light little thing with a 125hp twin. Why did sleds have to be so big anyway.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Cool video and ac insider review. Really makes me want to ride one
couple thoughts from the AI article

NEW CHASSIS AND FRONT END

The all-new lightweight one-piece flat top tunnel rides predictably as it should and feels nice and rigid.
(Can easily add bracing)
The front end (bulkhead) is shared with full-size models, but utilizes an adjustable 37-39-inch ski stance with AMS spindles, attached to the 6-inch Trail Ski for planted, front-end cornering. (Can drop in 600/800 and full sized ZR front end)

Looking at the length of the tunnels I believe the LT tunnel length would be the best one to use with a 128/129 or 136 skid/track. These have potential... ;)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I'd just ride it man. I doubt I could build a better sled than cat, maybe you can build one better than Brian Dick? I was giving lessons to a 137 with a 121 this weekend. He even specifically commented that the 121 is faster in the twisties because he thought I could pitch it around better than he could. Steering with the rear helps. Guy in the article even mentioned how fun it was to drift through a corner.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
I'd just ride it man. I doubt I could build a better sled than cat, maybe you can build one better than Brian Dick? I was giving lessons to a 137 with a 121 this weekend. He even specifically commented that the 121 is faster in the twisties because he thought I could pitch it around better than he could. Steering with the rear helps. Guy in the article even mentioned how fun it was to drift through a corner.
Sure, a 121/14W is fine for most with a 400 but if they drop a 600 in this chassis, 128/15W please. I'm just happy to know Brian Dick and Mike Kloety are still there, which betters the odd's of sleds you or I might actually want to buy down the road. If not, I'll keep one of my Sno Pro's and pick up an XCR 600 once the (inevitable) bugs are worked out of the little Patriot, and Textron can take that statement to the bank. ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks like a pretty sweet little sled. Did he actually lift the skis off the ground a few times on the 121 sled?

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? I know of at least 2 R-XC sleds for sale near me. That is a sweet setup!
nothing at the moment, happy with both of my 10 year old SnoPro's for now but in the next year or two I'm going to upgrade and keep one of them and move into a (hopefully) 'all new' Cat or the XCR. what I want is a fresh version of what you, mnstang & I already have - which we all love because of it's simplicity and effectiveness as a trail sled/ditch banger.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
nothing at the moment, happy with both of my 10 year old SnoPro's for now but in the next year or two I'm going to upgrade and keep one of them and move into a (hopefully) 'all new' Cat or the XCR. what I want is a fresh version of what you, mnstang & I already have - which we all love because of it's simplicity and effectiveness as a trail sled/ditch banger.

Unfortunately, we will likely never see what you, I, and MNstang want, ever again. That was, and still is IMO the best sled ever built. I'm Still sporting the '08, and probably will for quite some time. I would love to put a Ctec 600 into it though. I spent some time a few weeks ago on a 2016 6000 Rxc, and have to say, it's a sweet ride.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Unfortunately, we will likely never see what you, I, and MNstang want, ever again. That was, and still is IMO the best sled ever built. I'm Still sporting the '08, and probably will for quite some time. I would love to put a Ctec 600 into it though. I spent some time a few weeks ago on a 2016 6000 Rxc, and have to say, it's a sweet ride.
one can hope. was riding with another HCS'r the other night that had a well built S/P back when and is on his 5th P/C, in conversation we both agreed that if Textron doesn't bring out something unique which interests us the XCR is becoming more and more appealing. we also both agreed that we don't really want to buy a Polaris, and that we want Cat to build something fun and special again. I rode his 19 RR with the 20 front end and while it was very nice/refined compared to what we have, it didn't have that 'raw' or 'rowdy' feel I've become accustomed to and I don't believe at this time I'd want to spend my $ on a brand new Procross. that said, I really need to hop on an XCR and see if it has that old Sno Pro feel to it.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
The XCR is NOT what it is all cracked up to be.
Possibly, but I'd still give it a fair shake. The XCR does tick a lot of the boxes that are important to me though, especially the 128/129 box which Cat has completely abandoned? Not interested in a SkiDoo and don't really want or need a 136/137 here so where does that leave me? It leaves me driving my fun 10 year old sleds or looking at an XCR (or 17RS &/or 18/19RXC). Textron has a real opportunity to turn the Blast into something fun that 'wanna be racers' and many 7/8 sized adults would enjoy ripping through the woods and ditches with, and it wouldn't take very much effort as they already have all the pieces to do it. ;)

ok, I gotta stop talking about this unicorn or just build my own.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
one can hope. was riding with another HCS'r the other night that had a well built S/P back when and is on his 3rd P/C, in conversation we both agreed that if Textron doesn't bring out something unique which interests us the XCR is becoming more and more appealing. we also both agreed that we don't really want to buy a Polaris, and that we want Cat to build something fun and special again. I rode his 19 RR with the 20 front end and while it was very nice/refined compared to what we have, it didn't have that 'raw' or 'rowdy' feel I've become accustomed to and I don't believe at this time I'd want to spend my $ on a brand new Procross. that said, I really need to hop on an XCR and see if it has that old Sno Pro feel to it.
They definitely don't, you can tell just by sitting or standing on them

1 - 20 of 26 Posts