Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Not a kids sled. Never was designed as one. Maybe the polaris guys need to go back to there site. That would be smart because you know nothing about this sled. No bash area here.
Ok. Again. I’m not a polaris guy I’m a Motorsport guy who happens to own a polaris because of relationship with dealer. I am not nor have I bashed the product. I like it !! I know quite a bit about it from engine design to what other engines fit in the bulkhead to what shocks could fit in the skid. .Based on me actually riding them ,talking with arctic support team etc. it is my opinion based on first hand expierence with the product in discussion 35 years of riding ,building ,repairing ,modifying and racing snowmobiles that despite marketing to a larger base it is in fact most best suited for kids or those who wish to use it as a “pit bike type toy” and for that purpose I give it a thumbs up. Adults can ride a mini donkey but it doesn’t replace a horse no matter how much someone wishes it did. What you should do is open your eyes and ears to knowledge you may not possess and refrain from telling others what to do on a site you don’t control or contribute any actual tech info to. Two ears one mouth for a reason .That is all carry on.

Ps. It’s a kids sled.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ok. Again. I’m not a polaris guy I’m a Motorsport guy who happens to own a polaris because of relationship with dealer. I am not nor have I bashed the product. I like it !! I know quite a bit about it from engine design to what other engines fit in the bulkhead to what shocks could fit in the skid. .Based on me actually riding them ,talking with arctic support team etc. it is my opinion based on first hand expierence with the product in discussion 35 years of riding ,building ,repairing ,modifying and racing snowmobiles that despite marketing to a larger base it is in fact most best suited for kids or those who wish to use it as a “pit bike type toy” and for that purpose I give it a thumbs up. Adults can ride a mini donkey but it doesn’t replace a horse no matter how much someone wishes it did. What you should do is open your eyes and ears to knowledge you may not possess and refrain from telling others what to do on a site you don’t control or contribute any actual tech info to. Two ears one mouth for a reason .That is all carry on.

Ps. It’s a kids sled.
It is your info that you give that is in error. Cat states that this sled is for smaller riders or people new to the sport. The sled is based on the Ascender platform using the same side panels front frame, fuel tank from the full sized sleds. Only real difference is the hood and how the engine breaths and the tunnel and track length. I sat on one during the last USXC Race. I watched big people and smaller people ride it. Fit just as well on it as I do on my 6000 sleds. No where in cats info on this sled does it say kids sled. Not for you? Probably not. For people who don't need 100 mph, lots of them. Hell, you can buy two of the ZR Blasts for the price of one 840 Polaris Matrix. If I had the money right now I would buy one just for an extra sled but I already have one in my 2018.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
At no time did I ever say that arctic said it was a kids sled. They won’t say that because it could stiffle potential sales. I totally get that. I guess we just have to agree to disagree. My info is not incorrect just because it’s nit in line with arctic marketing. Another example is when polaris billed the Xcr as a nasty trail cross country ready sled. It is NOT. They say it is but it’s not. Same thing imo. Applies to blast as being adult sled. I do want to be clear though and all kidding etc. aside I do like the product.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Ps. It’s a kids sled.
It's pointless to argue with THE LEAD ENGINEER of the Blast and HEAD CEO of Arctic Cat. Oh i forgot, and a guy who NEVER EVEN RODE IT :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Did you read the article in arctic insider? Stated they are the side panels off of the Ascender. Front frame? From ascender. Only true change is the tunnel. You must sot weird because I had plenty of knee room. At least as much as on my 6000. They also make pads for that area for riders like you I suspect.
I beleive you now. Looking closer... But for some reason my knees hit that top nub on the blast. Seat, running board or handlebar location can easily place my knees in a different location. The riot was more comfortable. Maybe I have short arms for my body. Either way. I didn't like its ergos. It was surprisingly fun, but I would not buy it. The riot x 800 was far more fun than the blast though. The blast just exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't buy a blast. I'd rather be on the big sleds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most adult males will not purchase the Blast for them selves because we want POWER and a single cylinder 400 isn't going to cut it for an adult male. Maybe a 600 in this light sled would change a few guys opinion of purchasing one now you have POWER to weight ratio again. :fistpump2:

I can see this sled for the younger teenagers, fisherman, and ladies that don't want or need HP but want a new sled that has some warranty.

Maybe the LT for guys that have remote cabins that just want something to get through the deep snow and bring supplies in.

Ride what ever fits your budget and your likes, your the one paying for it who cares if its a 3/4 sized sled. :wall:
I'd say this is the most accurate summary of all said so far, except I'd call it 7/8 size. I've had the chance to ride an M and LT Blast, and I have a '20 Alpha to compare.

If you deem a "kids sled" by dimension, then it is not. It is just a short-track version of its brother--M, ZR, or LT/Norseman--with the 400cc. The skis are the same; the panels ARE the same Ascender panels; the stance is the same; I was told the tunnels are the same but cut to track length. I was also the told the hood and bulkhead were from the racing sleds. Not much is sounds new.

If you deem a "kids sled" by engine size, then that's your choice. I would disagree as I feel a 400cc 2stroke is still a bit too much for a "kid" (pre-teen). But maybe your "kid" is 14 and has been riding for years already. Seems like a great fit to me.

While some may call it a marketing move to not call it a kids sled, I think they are accurately calling it a "mid-size". They want new, small, or younger riders. I doubt that describes anyone on this thread. It's not for us; it's for the new, young, or smaller riders who WE want to enjoy the sport as we do.

I'm 6'2" and the seating area space felt similar to my Alpha but the laydown steering changed the feel. I fit fine but it was not as comfortable as my Alpha. A worthwhile change in my book because I bet most riders of these will be sitting the majority of the time - I almost never sit down.

Overall, it was a shorter track version of it's class with a smaller engine at ~$5k less. I like that, and ordered one for my wife, which will then go to our son when he is 12 or 13.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts