Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
that was actually good to see, shame they were just riding sidewalks rather than getting them into some twisty stuff.

bring on the 600 version ;)

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Sidewalk Blast ? Urban Blast ?

Define blast.

And why would the commentator want himself and his group to all buy one for themselves to go all ride together ? I get for someone younger or old or rentals maybe - anything at that pace - but a group of experienced riders ?

I get it, caught up in the moment, sells Cats, and prob thought it would be a slug even at acceleration from a stop. It wasn’t so he was excited.

These do seem to make more sense than those 300’s though.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really don't see why anyone thinks this is a kids sled?? I had all kinds of fun on 400 pound sleds with the same or less HP., set a Blast next to a 80 Jag or a Phazer or that era Indy and they'll look like the kids sled. I'm getting the M just to bomb around on, can't wait.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Sidewalk Blast ? Urban Blast ?

Define blast.

And why would the commentator want himself and his group to all buy one for themselves to go all ride together ? I get for someone younger or old or rentals maybe - anything at that pace - but a group of experienced riders ?

I get it, caught up in the moment, sells Cats, and prob thought it would be a slug even at acceleration from a stop. It wasn’t so he was excited.

These do seem to make more sense than those 300’s though.
Sometimes a bunch of us dirtbike racers get together and race pit bikes around someone's track. It's super fun a very good time with alot of laughs. I could see the same type of thing with the Blast.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I really don't see why anyone thinks this is a kids sled?? I had all kinds of fun on 400 pound sleds with the same or less HP., set a Blast next to a 80 Jag or a Phazer or that era Indy and they'll look like the kids sled. I'm getting the M just to bomb around on, can't wait.
Because it is a kids sled. I rode a couple of them. Like stated a group of us adult expirenced riders took them out and tapped the throttles wide open. We had a great time like stated with the pit bikes. But nobody who has rode them or is being honest can confuse this with an adult sled. And I like it I think it’s a good product but adult sled it is not. (Unless it’s being used as a pit bike kinda toy )

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I know of two adults who ordered and said it was perfect for there needs. Older and are not interested in top end. Not a kids sled one said, but a nice starter sled for the inexperienced or a perfect sled for those who trail ride. I sat on one. Fit just as well on the ZR Blast as my 6000. In a few years, I might lean that way. Going to be a very popular sled for many. To each there own I guess.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Sometimes a bunch of us dirtbike racers get together and race pit bikes around someone's track. It's super fun a very good time with alot of laughs. I could see the same type of thing with the Blast.
I've got a buddy with 6 Snoscoots. Once a year or so we make a track and race. Amazing what those things can take. Tons of fun and about the only time I don't mind having a few and riding.

·
Registered
801 Posts
. But nobody who has rode them or is being honest can confuse this with an adult sled. And I like it I think it’s a good product but adult sled it is not.
There, thank you for being honest instead of people who seem to never find anything Arctic Cat does wrong to tell us the truth.

It's a nice kids sled. Anybody that likes them is someone that can only handle a kids sleds, doesn't have a lot of riding experience at all and when something needs repairs they make a phone call to a dealer and cry "fix my sled" instead of knowing what to fix. Or they are looking for a kids sled in general. Nothing wrong with that, just people shopping for a kids sled

·
Registered
208 Posts
There, thank you for being honest instead of people who seem to never find anything Arctic Cat does wrong to tell us the truth.

It's a nice kids sled. Anybody that likes them is someone that can only handle a kids sleds, doesn't have a lot of riding experience at all and when something needs repairs they make a phone call to a dealer and cry "fix my sled" instead of knowing what to fix. Or they are looking for a kids sled in general. Nothing wrong with that, just people shopping for a kids sled
Current sleds, 2020 ZR 6000 2,600 miles, 2013 XF1100 turbo 260 hp 7,200 miles, 98 ZR 500 hanging on wall with 15,600 miles, just sold 2008 XF 1000 6,800 miles, 2003 F7 7,200 miles, previous sleds 2005 XF 500 800 miles pooch, 1995 ZR 580 8,500 miles, 1993 Prowler 5,600 miles, 1990 Prowler 6,000 miles, 1979 jag 8,500 miles, before that Scorpions and Johnsons. Never had one back to a dealer to fix, tuff truck competitions, been drag racing a 65 Olds for 41 years. I build all my own stuff. YOU would be included in my saying "How old do I gotta get before you kids can keep up?" Between masterbation and cartoons I'm surprised you even have time to snowmobile.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
not disagreeing, but $8K a pop for laughs?

I've got a buddy with 6 Snoscoots. Once a year or so we make a track and race. Amazing what those things can take. Tons of fun and about the only time I don't mind having a few and riding.
the size of the sled doesn't bother me one bit with my proportions, and would bet it's easy to toss around. just needs the 600 and a few other bits and pieces to open my wallet up.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the size of the sled doesn't bother me one bit with my proportions, and would bet it's easy to toss around. just needs the 600 and a few other bits and pieces to open my wallet up.
It is a full sized sled. It is a sled that is not for you, but for alot of riders, between the cheap price respectfully to anything else out there, it is about perfect. Hell in 3-5 years I figure I wont have any need for speed. Most of my riding now is in the 40-60 range.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
not disagreeing, but $8K a pop for laughs?

Shit costs money. How much do you think cutting one cylinder out really saves? Maybe you're a professional or aspiring racer but to me snowmobiles are largely just about having fun.
I've been looking at getting another early 90's jag 440, because they are fun.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
It is a full sized sled. It is a sled that is not for you, but for alot of riders, between the cheap price respectfully to anything else out there, it is about perfect. Hell in 3-5 years I figure I wont have any need for speed. Most of my riding now is in the 40-60 range.
Jim, are you tone deaf? I don't have a problem with the size of the sled, in fact I'd fit just fine on it but I don't want a 400cc engine, or the narrow front end, or the cheap skid and shit shocks or the 121" track. Poo finally killed off their 121" this year.

Cat is offering three sleds with 600's for 2021 - and nothing with a skid less than 137" - while their competition is offering 600/650 129's and the Poo posse just got another new 129 with the Matryx.

but, whatever - I'll just keep riding my 128's and wait or eventually switch brands. ball is in their court.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts