Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It’s not purple. It’s blue. I’m not a fan of purple. Stay focused on that pos riot x. The color was the only thing good about it. Lol.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It’s not purple. It’s blue. I’m not a fan of purple. Stay focused on that pos riot x. The color was the only thing good about it. Lol.
You must have forgotten the rules. This is not the general forum. Your color blind as well as in the wrong brand forum. Go back to the polaris site.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You must have forgotten the rules. This is not the general forum. Your color blind as well as in the wrong brand forum. Go back to the polaris site.
I didnt forget. I flat out said screw it. I’ll take the vacation from the site if it came to that. Besides didn’t you see my good review of the blast. I’m not colors blind I tell the truth. Don’t tell me what to do keyboard hamster

·
Registered
960 Posts
I like the blue. I like the Cat blue and I like the Yamaha blue. Not a fan of the Cat green, although I didn't think it looked bad in person.

One thing about the color: I kinda forgot what color it was while I was riding, because it was more fun and less work than I expected.

Now, if they'd just put that awesome 600 in the Blast and sell it to adults....

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yes tall windshield is gonna be the first accessory added befor it leaves the dealer
Probably will cut the top speed some. Doesn't look bad, but yes definitely for littler fellers. The more you look at it the more it definitely is a small sled. But it handle turns well because of the short track, The same short track I think they made a mistake in getting rid of. Everyone around here in Franklin buys short track sleds. Nobody goes off trail, you can't.

Don't know what the answer is, nobody around here or in the Northwoods I talked to, now that some have rode it, looked at it, and priced it, no-one has bought it. And I'm talking a group of serious sledders with homes in the northwoods.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Probably will cut the top speed some. Doesn't look bad, but yes definitely for littler fellers.
medium sized windshields actually net higher top speeds than the speedometer covers most sleds come with stock these days. proven fact. if you order the B-last with the trailblazer kit you get a reasonable person sized windshield, a bumper and a tunnel bag. would imagine most ordering will go this route.

·
Registered
797 Posts
medium sized windshields actually net higher top speeds than the speedometer covers most sleds come with stock these days. proven fact. if you order the B-last with the trailblazer kit you get a reasonable person sized windshield, a bumper and a tunnel bag. would imagine most ordering will go this route.
It's a 121 though right? Is there such a thing as a Blast 129?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I didnt forget. I flat out said screw it. I’ll take the vacation from the site if it came to that. Besides didn’t you see my good review of the blast. I’m not colors blind I tell the truth. Don’t tell me what to do keyboard hamster
Now name calling. You must be a joy at Christmas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you that have driven the Blast does the throttle and brake seem like they would be easy for someone with smaller hands? Looking at one of these for my teenager and she struggles with the throttle and brake on my tz1.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
For those of you that have driven the Blast does the throttle and brake seem like they would be easy for someone with smaller hands? Looking at one of these for my teenager and she struggles with the throttle and brake on my tz1.
It is the same as the ones on the bigger sleds but you are only pulling on one throttle body so it does pull pretty light. My 600's pull really light and the different throttles from my 18 to my 20 is very noticeable. For a smaller rider or a person of size but little experience, this is the sled to buy. It will do 70 mph with a 240 lb rider according to arcticinsider. More than enough speed for most people. That guy is 6'4" and over 240 lbs. I would say by the pictures he fit just fine.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The pull was lite same with brake. No problem for a girl. By teenage you don’t mean 18 do you ? If so I’d look at something different. If you mean 13 your on the money

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is the same as the ones on the bigger sleds but you are only pulling on one throttle body so it does pull pretty light. My 600's pull really light and the different throttles from my 18 to my 20 is very noticeable. For a smaller rider or a person of size but little experience, this is the sled to buy. It will do 70 mph with a 240 lb rider according to arcticinsider. More than enough speed for most people. That guy is 6'4" and over 240 lbs. I would say by the pictures he fit just fine.
I agree. Rode both an M and LT Blast. While I did not measure the throttle or brake levers for size or throw, I recall them looking the same size but easier. The brake lever may have been different than the "normal" versions; if so, not a huge difference. I have a '20 Alpha to compare.

I also agree this could be a great machine for younger (say, 13-16), smaller, or brand new rider. We ordered one for my wife and it will go to our son when he is 12 or 13. Our son has been on riding since he was 4 and I feel this will be a great stepping-stone for 2-3 seasons before going to a 600.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I agree. Rode both an M and LT Blast. While I did not measure the throttle or brake levers for size or throw, I recall them looking the same size but easier. The brake lever may have been different than the "normal" versions; if so, not a huge difference. I have a '20 Alpha to compare.

I also agree this could be a great machine for younger (say, 13-16), smaller, or brand new rider. We ordered one for my wife and it will go to our son when he is 12 or 13. Our son has been on riding since he was 4 and I feel this will be a great stepping-stone for 2-3 seasons before going to a 600.
I am 53. I may move to one sooner than I want to. Have no interest in top speed except for a run or two a year. Trail ride only. I prefer the 600 motor because I am on my third and to me it is the best running motor out there. Clean from bottom to top, gets good mpg and uses very little oil and is fairly smooth at idle. Couple years from now and a blast with better shocks and better gauges? Might be all in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I drove the ZR and LT versions. The LT version was more comfortable because of the soft tall seat, but the ZR was more fun. Drove it around in 6" of fresh powder, got them airborn off some jumps in a sand pit, powder turns etc. Fun little sled, got the ZR doing 114kph and 109kph for the LT. They look a little cheaply made, but when you ride them, surprisingly they are quite nice. In Canada they are $10k plus, so a bit too much money for what they are, if they were $8k, that would be more in line. Overall, a great little sled, think they would be great for someone from 12 years old right up to adult. Lots of power out of that little engine, it lifts the ski's. I am 42, 6'2" and weigh about 240 with gear.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
do any of you guys think that the zr blast would be even better qith a 121x14 1.5" snow x style track for the trails and bombing feilds/lakes?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts