Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got off the lake from riding all 3 of the blast models and the new 2021 riot x alpha. There wast much of a wait so I got to ride all 4 models. My experience (and my wife) so I started on the blast m and on trail it is tippy, not to bad on the lake in snow that hasnt been packed. The lt the one I was looking forward to the most was more stable but didnt handle the greatest. Bigger windshield was nice for wind blocking. The zr was what it is a blast that thing was so fun to ride handling was the best. They all had the same oil shocks not serviceable. The engine was very impressive for what it is great mid range topend was about 65 with me and I'm a heavy guy 310 with gear. The zr had the felt like it had more speed and pull than the others maybe the short track or being just a hair lighter my wife loved the zr also she only rode the lt also and didnt like the handeling.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
So I just got off the lake from riding all 3 of the blast models and the new 2021 riot x alpha. There wast much of a wait so I got to ride all 4 models. My experience (and my wife) so I started on the blast m and on trail it is tippy, not to bad on the lake in snow that hasnt been packed. The lt the one I was looking forward to the most was more stable but didnt handle the greatest. Bigger windshield was nice for wind blocking. The zr was what it is a blast that thing was so fun to ride handling was the best. They all had the same oil shocks not serviceable. The engine was very impressive for what it is great mid range topend was about 65 with me and I'm a heavy guy 310 with gear. The zr had the felt like it had more speed and pull than the others maybe the short track or being just a hair lighter my wife loved the zr also she only rode the lt also and didnt like the handeling.
interesting, did you happen to see or learn what max engine rpm is? surprised to hear the LT is that much different from the ZR, especially with a longer/wider track on the LT. did it push?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Max rpm on all 3 was the same and 7600 rpm. And the zr didnt feel like like it had a narrow track. It even lifted the skis at about 15. And the lt didnt push but is did dart on the lake it would dip side to side kinda dart but it wasnt groomed trail it was lake crust fresh track and it didnt have the scoot that the zr did. Like I said I went in looking at the lt came out in awe of the zr. Wife loved it so much we put our order for it in. The other thing I was kind of impressed was the guage it maybe simple but it displays 2 things at once and you can change what 2 things it shows it displays egt, engine temp, fuel, milage,rpm and speed oh also a clock

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Going there Sunday. So where did you go exactly to do the demo rides? I know the area but not that greatly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So went again today. Asked to ride on the trail today and the factory rep was awsome said no problem we rode like 6 miles on the trail. The lt was alot beter on trail than the lake has little to much ski pressure still darts a bit. The zr is still star of the show. That is a great machine had so much fun riding it. Wife agrees we are ordering that one

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
impressions?
I missed out. They were on the 6th, 7th and 8th. I had my days screwed up. One of the clubs I belong to had a fun run on Saturday and could not miss that. Hoping that they bring them up to our area in March when we host the last USXC race here or get to try one from one of the dealers around me.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Max rpm on all 3 was the same and 7600 rpm. And the zr didnt feel like like it had a narrow track. It even lifted the skis at about 15. And the lt didnt push but is did dart on the lake it would dip side to side kinda dart but it wasnt groomed trail it was lake crust fresh track and it didnt have the scoot that the zr did. Like I said I went in looking at the lt came out in awe of the zr. Wife loved it so much we put our order for it in. The other thing I was kind of impressed was the guage it maybe simple but it displays 2 things at once and you can change what 2 things it shows it displays egt, engine temp, fuel, milage,rpm and speed oh also a clock
Nice review! I've also been interested in the lt but do wonder what the zr is like. I think it could be pretty fun for sure I'd like to ride all three of them

·
Registered
960 Posts
The ZR would be my choice. Rode both the ZR and the M today, did not get a chance to ride the LT. Overall, impressed with the motor - smoother than I expected and good power. Guys I rode with were reporting mid-60’s for speed, and they were big guys.

The ZR felt nimble and responsive. On twisty trails, I had no problem keeping up with the rest of our group, who were running full-sized 6000’s and 8000’s. Everyone who rode it was impressed. I thought the 121 on the ZR would get squirrelly, but it didn’t.

Definitely needs a windshield, though. I was following a Riot X with the scratchers down and getting pelted by ice chunks, LOL.

The M is not my cup of tea, nor was the Riot X. I see why the monorail is popular for the mountain riders, and it was easier than I expected to stay in control on trail. Ride quality was very good, only cornering suffered a bit, compared to the standard suspension.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
So I saw blast today no report good or bad. anybody who says it’s An adult sled is out of thier mind it’s a kids sled which isn’t a bad thing but it’s def. not a adult sled

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
So I saw blast today no report good or bad. anybody who says it’s An adult sled is out of thier mind it’s a kids sled which isn’t a bad thing but it’s def. not a adult sled
Now I am only 5-8 but I sat on one today and it fit me just as well as my 6000. Did not ride it as was working but it was running around the lake with a guy a lot bigger than I and he had no problem with it. Took some pictures but I am shot so they will have to go on tomorrow. Cat kicked some serious butt at USCX this weekend. They had the new 650 Poo there. What the hell? Not a very pretty sled. Gauge while cool and all is not why most people buy there sleds and the handle bar warmer thing, what ever you call it. I call it warming up my sled. My hand warmers are always ready to go. I would say it is a to each there own thing.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Now I am only 5-8 but I sat on one today and it fit me just as well as my 6000. Did not ride it as was working but it was running around the lake with a guy a lot bigger than I and he had no problem with it. Took some pictures but I am shot so they will have to go on tomorrow. Cat kicked some serious butt at USCX this weekend. They had the new 650 Poo there. What the hell? Not a very pretty sled. Gauge while cool and all is not why most people buy there sleds and the handle bar warmer thing, what ever you call it. I call it warming up my sled. My hand warmers are always ready to go. I would say it is a to each there own thing.
I ended up going on a ride on a blast for idk 5-7 miles.
It was much better in ways than I thought it would be. I actually prefer the mountain one with longer bigger track than the shorter trail version. There were a lot of things I liked about it. We had a lot of fun messing around on them. Basically taped the throttle wide open and ran em. Reminded me of years gone by playing as adults on sno scoots but a lot better and faster. It’s a cool product. But I stand by my feeling it is in now way an adult sled. Could an adult ride it ? Sure. But it’s a kids sled. Which again is a good thing . I also rode a riot x .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts