Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Nothing in maine yet not for us anyway, My dealer is waiting to hear from the Rep on my track swap request

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
And I heard from dealer that Cat was looking at track swaps, I gotta call and see if there is any update on the program

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
They are doing track exchange program only paying labor to change to my choice of track

·
Registered
304 Posts
Called my dealer on Monday he said Thursday this week or Tuesday next week he is getting shipments of blasts both days and there coming randomly so he won't know till it gets there

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Good to here! hopefully some of the ZR make it east in a couple weeks. The oldest will be pumped

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shocks are as cheap as possible to make, guage is not too impressive, rear bumper is a bend pipe, no front bumper which is stupid, not even the cheap single beam. However anything will fit on it, any 18+ bumper. Handwarmer, reverse, handwarmers, high beams on the dash. Don't know enough about clutches to say. The battery for the e start sits where the 800cc cylinder would be. Intake is unique, pulls in where the vent is on the ascender sleds. Bulkhead is ascender (my alpha panels fit on it lol). 38" stance uses the same shocks and arms as my 15 m8 did. Was told its a 12 tank off every other sled, can looks to be the same off every other 800 sled, will look more tomorrow. Seat is nice, headlight whatever don't ever right at night anyway,
Going to upgrade all 4 shocks, need to lose the 21lb can. No slide action or coupling blocks so it dangles the skis even with .1 hrs on it HA!. Kind of a mish mosh of parts, of course if it was 6k they would sell more. But it's not some fan cooled, carbureted, underpowered motor. Told my son, that started with a my 97 zl440 when he was 9, this would have been the sled for him. Looks cool, would have been nice with skinnier plastics but I do understand mfg and utilizing existing parts, I think will scoot right along once broke in. When my boys were young, this would have the crap run out of it. I like it, no regrets and when you look at new sleds, its worth it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You didn't catch on with my first response and I don't play the gdf games. I do read what your posts about these B-last sleds and AC in general and I ignore a lot of things because I have better things to do (like pluck ear hair) than sit online and talk about it. But to answer your question, my boys are older and have their own sleds, by grandbabies are young and not riding yet, my wife has a 2020 riot, I ride a cross country which my favorite sled ever, I have an alpha and a twin rail M8.
Why did I buy one? Because I wanted one.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Thanks for the pics man! I am pumped to get ours into the family pack. its getting a 1.5" lug on the swap program and then I have a medium green Proclimb from bumper & a BDX prolite trail stainless sitting here wait to go on

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You didn't catch on with my first response and I don't play the gdf games. I do read what your posts about these B-last sleds and AC in general and I ignore a lot of things because I have better things to do (like pluck ear hair) than sit online and talk about it. But to answer your question, my boys are older and have their own sleds, by grandbabies are young and not riding yet, my wife has a 2020 riot, I ride a cross country which my favorite sled ever, I have an alpha and a twin rail M8.
Why did I buy one? Because I wanted one.
it was a legit question, don't be such a sensitive sally and for the record, I am unimpressed with Catextron - which is not 'Arctic Cat'. if you don't like what I have to say please feel free to utilize the ignore feature.

for kids, wifes and girlfriends or anyone who isn't a 'hardcore' sledder these will likely be good sleds that are easy to maintain and last a long time. I also feel once folks start upgrading them they will become far better sleds than when they leave the factory, the shocks being #1. also look forward to seeing if there's more power to be wrung out of them because in a drag race with normal modern day sleds they will be-last, hence the B-last moniker. I do applaud Catextron for bringing these sleds to the market, I don't feel the price is quite as far out of line as others on this site do but I do feel there's a few items on these parts bin sleds that don't fully warrant their price.

good luck, and hope to see more about your families experience with them this season.

edit: fwiw, I was the one that drove the admins nuts here so there would be an independent B-last/Venom forum/page. you're welcome.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts