Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I have noticed about owning an Arctic Cat is that when you tell people that, it draws curiosity. Cat's seem to evoke one of two thoughts. the first is by the unknowing. Some believe that Arctic Cats, are somthing you buy if you don't know any better, I feel sorry for those people. Then there are the hardcore sledders, like us guys, who the very name Arctic Cat means race bread performance. I realize, having riden many sleds, Cat's have lacked the refinement of some other manufacturers in recent years. But this is what makes it magical. Ever riden a Ducati. They don't have the so called "refinement" compared to their Japanese counter parts, but I'll bet you'll never forget how that bike feels. It's the same with Cat's, especially the Friecat series. It might not ride the trails for long stints like an SRX but I'll guarentee you, you wouldn't have it any other way.

YEEHAA!

speedmerchant

·
Registered
930 Posts
I told a friend this Spring that was switching to Cat from Poo that you'll find that other sledders usually either "hate ya or love ya"...not a lot in between. I have never really figured out why to be honest. The passion seems to run deepest for Cat faithful closely followed by doo diehards...thus the bickering between the camps. I guess the origins may lie in the racing circuits over the years. No disrespect, but Polaris and Yamaha have always been like Switzerland to me...don't like 'em, don't dislike 'em...they are just there.

Since the early days, Cat has always produced sleds and marketed their image as the biggest, baddest machine on snow. Some like to be part of that aura and some look at it as a challenge and want to prove the image wrong or chip away at other things (if I hear one more F&F comment...LOL).

It sounds corny, but Cat owners do have a "fraternity" type relationship that does not seem to exist with other brands...which is cool. This forum's incredible popularity is a testament to that...Marc

·
Registered
124 Posts
to me it's been the dedication from AC to build the fastest, most on the edge sleds for the consumer. It's always been to me, a Harley on snow. It seems that on the trial AC guys stick together the most, they have their buddy shakes, and hand signals. On the highway getting to the snow we drive the fastest also.
It's like a cult. Even with my 4 yr old , she goes on and on about her sled at pre school. She has a zr 120 , and thinks it's the best thing in the world, she insists that she wear her colors to school every day it's cold enough. It's a crazy thing. Even my wife has a sticker on the back hatch of her town n country van that reads cat scratch fever AC for life.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Our largest dealer here sells Cat, Doo, and Yamaha. He's always said us Cat riders are the most loyal to our brand and the hardest to switch to another brand.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I find this to be true with all motorized hobbies.An example is car people,Ford guys hate Cheyv guys,Chevy guys hate Ford guys ,and Mopar guys are Mopar guys.
I am a Ford Man all the way but how can you not like a Hemi or a LS6
I also like Cat,but how can you not have respect for a Mach-Z.
Bottom line...buy what you like but keep the banter flowing because its fun to read.

In all reality I think Doo guys are too damn uptight,and worry too much about others,which makes it easy to ruffle a few feathers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts