Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a few pics of my ZERT with the Black Magic Performance parts on it. I also have a D&D Power Breather. Anyone ever use Black Magic before? If so I would like any tips on clutching and jetting. Any info would help. I put stock cylinders on it and I am waiting for snow to try the set up. I know I have to bring my RPM's up but I am not exactly sure what would be good. Any fisrt hand experience info would be super.. Enjoy the pics.. Rammer.. COME ON WINTER!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice job!! Very cool mods. Black magic racing is the best you can get for your zrt 600, i would like to try their mono block head like you have, i know they have different inserts wich ones do you have? Now clutching and jetting, usually when black magic sends you their pipes they send a sheet with jetting and clutching specs. Did you receive that sheet? also with the DD breather they usually richen the mains by 3 sizes and the e clip by one.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
With the head be sure to watch out where you buy gas even if its the pump gas inserts. If you get some questionable gas its going to burn down. As long as you have good gas, it should rip.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Nice sled, let us know how it all works out. Looks like you upgraded to the zr style seat too.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by Pat_09@Oct 9 2005, 01:07 PM
Nice job!! Very cool mods. Black magic racing is the best you can get for your zrt 600, i would like to try their mono block head like you have, i know they have different inserts wich ones do you have? Now clutching and jetting, usually when black magic sends you their pipes they send a sheet with jetting and clutching specs. Did you receive that sheet? also with the DD breather they usually richen the mains by 3 sizes and the e clip by one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917895
[/quote]

hahaha!!! Your joking right? Black Magic is the best??? Maybe thats why they dont make any new products anymore and have been selling off all their old stock of parts as they arent a major player in the performance world anymore. Check out ebay, they sell their stuff on there all the time at reduced prices just to get rid of the stuff. Between the poor customer service, the major rip off scams and parts that dont perform as claimed(sometimes often slower than stock)they dug their own hole too deep.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Rammer356, your zrt looks awesome. I always loved the limited edition sleds with the green hoods! Sweet. I might be wrong but I think with the bm pipes you run the sled @ 9000-9100 and no less or no more. 60/40 helix with a red/white secondary spring or 57/40 helix would work. Weights, depending on primary spring you will run 49-53 grams with a 170/300 spring or equivalent. I prefer Erlandson springs or a Cutler spring. The cutler purple I think it is works well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hahaha!!! Your joking right? Black Magic is the best??? Maybe thats why they dont make any new products anymore and have been selling off all their old stock of parts as they arent a major player in the performance world anymore. Check out ebay, they sell their stuff on there all the time at reduced prices just to get rid of the stuff. Between the poor customer service, the major rip off scams and parts that dont perform as claimed(sometimes often slower than stock)they dug their own hole too deep.[/b]
Your right but you can agree with me that they have the most mods for the zrt 600

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by Pat_09@Oct 9 2005, 01:07 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917895
[/quote]
They have the mono-blocks on ebay for half price right now. I have it also, they have 12.0 cc/16.5cc/17.5cc inserts available for it.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the pipes and head off e-bay at the low price. I figured,. what the heck. low price was why I purchased them

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by gpxsrxracer@Oct 10 2005, 08:40 AM
hahaha!!! Your joking right? Black Magic is the best??? Maybe thats why they dont make any new products anymore and have been selling off all their old stock of parts as they arent a major player in the performance world anymore. Check out ebay, they sell their stuff on there all the time at reduced prices just to get rid of the stuff. Between the poor customer service, the major rip off scams and parts that dont perform as claimed(sometimes often slower than stock)they dug their own hole too deep.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919338
[/quote]
You are right about the service, but BM did a good job supporting the ZRT. I think their main guy left a couple of years ago, and they basically are just selling off stock now. Their customer service was pretty surly, but I knew this going in, and am satisified with what I purchased from them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by rammer356@Oct 10 2005, 12:00 PM
I bought the pipes and head off e-bay at the low price. I figured,. what the heck. low price was why I purchased them
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919714
[/quote]
Yea, I like the BM pipes better then my D&D. I had BM, went to D&D, now I'm putting BM back on. I like the mono-block too, if not just for the looks but the added cooling capacity it ads. I haven't had any problems with my mono-block leading to burn downs as mentioned by a previous poster.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by DrWho17@Oct 10 2005, 12:04 PM
You are right about the service, but BM did a good job supporting the ZRT. I think their main guy left a couple of years ago, and they basically are just selling off stock now. Their customer service was pretty surly, but I knew this going in, and am satisified with what I purchased from them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919725
[/quote]

Yeah their triple pipes work pretty good. I hear that the thundercat pipes are nice as well. Now their other products well...

Man they screwed a buddy of mine years back on some parts and I felt bad as I told him to try them out. What a deal that was. I felt bad about it! Tim is a prick. Enough said!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sled looks awesome. I am curious to hear more opinions of the mono block head. I have seen them on ebay but wondered what benefit they had vs. a shaved head besides more cooling.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well, if you call Black Magic and ask for a guy named "Rory" you will be talking to one of the sharpest guys in the indresty. Worked for Arctic for many years.

Auggie

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Originally posted by gpxsrxracer@Oct 10 2005, 08:40 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919338
[/quote]

I agree with this. I had BM twins on my 00 ZR 500 with the clutch kit and a EFI chip and LOST HP. :augen41: Huge waste of money and the clutch kit didnt last me one season. Will never buy from BM again. They do have a huge selection for almost every sled but its your call.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have had good success with their customer service. I too just bought the Monoblock at half price! It is a work of art. I can't wait to try it out. I got the 16.5cc inserts. I have their RT can, clutch kit, reed spacers, timing key, pipes, and many other misc. parts. I have had nothing but good service and quick delivery. Rory often replies to my tech questions. I will eventually have dyno numbers after I get the bottom end refreshed.

·
Registered
442 Posts
When I didn't know any better years ago, I put a BM clutch kit in my ZRT 600, What a pig, couldn't even run with a ZR 600!!!

P.S don't waste time with reed spacers in a triple. They don't do anything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am going to use my Land & Sea dyno :div20: . I have heard that about the read spacers, but they were cheap. I plan on doing things in a systematic fashion, and seeing what the measureable results are.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts