Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to go through my 96 ZRT, black magic sells a sleeper kit with heads, pipes and clutch, but it's 1500 bucks. Anyone ever done this mod or seen it done? Wondering about dependability, reall gains...so on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
imho the 600 makes decent power and is easy to mod but it is also easy to over mod . for $1500 you could score a t-cat motor that will last a while or even a 800 trip

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have the black magic mono-block head sleeper kit on my 99 zrt 600..I put it on in 2001.. I did use D&D pipes due to the fact that I got a screamin deal on them used.. I also used D&D's clutching recommendations and gearing also. (I actually only bought the kit because I didn't want to cut my heads, and D&D didn't sell the head kits). I took the engine back down in 2002 "just to check things over" I found one piston had very-very slight scuff marks like it had ingested a little snow dust so I replaced it.. I have not had it apart since-- I did pull the engine summer of 06 to replace the complete water pump assy This engine turns 9250 rpms all day when I ride it.. No problems yet, the sled is now for sale. I have a similar "head kit" from speedwerx on my zr900.... I have 4012 miles on the zrt and 3207 on the zr900 at this time and will probably put a kit on my next sled. Kevin

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am looking to go through my 96 ZRT, black magic sells a sleeper kit with heads, pipes and clutch, but it's 1500 bucks. Anyone ever done this mod or seen it done? Wondering about dependability, reall gains...so on.[/b]

for way less than 1500 you can make a zrt 600 rock and roll. just jet/tune/ set the clutches up properly and check all your skid and drive bearings. maybe a key to adv timing a lil, some reeds. studs. my zert6 will rock my buddys zr800 all day and my girls f6 without aftermarket pipes or heads. or u could put a nice downpay with the 1500 on a new sled with better technology and suspension. jus my 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts