Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this in the general forum with no luck. Anybody?

I have an old set of B/M twin pipes for my 600. I knew when I bought them( from an HCS member )they were the SLP 20 gauge cheap ones. I got them cheap enough I thought I could re-weld them so they wouldn't crack. Has anybody tried to re-weld and have success? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Some people have.....best ones to ask is a welding shop in your area....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welding pipes is not that hard. My brother had a pipe in three pieces on his MXZ670. He welded it back together and rode it for another 2,000 mile before he sold it still running strong.

PS. He is not a welder by trade.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hugh@Oct 20 2005, 06:42 PM
I saw the pics, Black Magic stamped by SLP, first generation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943873
[/quote]
Thanks again hugh :beerchug: Your right, they are cheap. I had to cut the pipe down by the can and to rotate about 10 deg. just to make the pipe fit into the can. I did look at the welds and I am going to reweld the whole thing. I have my chip at B/M and Rory is checking it over like you suggested. I'm going to wrap a piece of 20 gage around the existing pipe and weld it on for support.

Thanks everybody! :div20:

P.S. hugh. You saw the can. Is going to be loud?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not really, same can I have with mine. I always said it mirrors a '94-95 ZR700 canister. Just a higher pitched sound with the smaller bore. To my ears the stock canister prior to the 2002's is just as loud. I wish they all could be as quiet as the '02 500's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts