Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my canister today :D and giong to put it on tonight. Hopefully going riding this weekend to try it out. Going into Canada. Wish for snow!! :p

Green F7 Snow Pro

·
Registered
720 Posts
Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
didn't the black magic canistor require the efi's to be replaced with carberators???

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not the RT Canister.

The new Firecat series of sleds from Arctic Cat are equipped with a light canister in production, but our new canister for the 700 will provide you with that throaty sound most performance people like in addition to a weight savings of 40%.

l Featuring lightweight construction, mellow throaty sound, 2 HP increase and best of all, it fits like a glove!

Although $250 for 2 hp is not a good ratio.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far it does not fit like a glove. :angry: I put the canister in first with all the springs that were on the stock one. Then the pipe but, the canister opening was about 2 inches to far foward and on the bottom, the back of the base was not even cloes. The problem was that the front spring was pulling way too hard. And on the stock one there is a stop on the bottom front to keep it from going to far foward. :( My fix was an extra spring I had laying around that was longer. I tried it but that only got me about a half inch closer so I began to fix the spring. :wacko: The spring looks like crap now but, lines up the canister to the exhaust. With everything back together it is now flush on the bottom and feels solid in there. ;)
I did start it but only for a short time. It was 11:30 and to top things off when I did start it I set the alarm off on the car thats in my garage. :eek: Did not know it was on. Woops.
But, I like the sound. :) It sounds mean but I did not have a chance to rev it up at all.
Hopefully everything holds up. Wish for snow!!! Want to try it this weekend!

Green F7 Snow Pro

·
Registered
841 Posts
sounds like the BM twins I had for my ZR900..........I had to put a dent in them to bet them to fit and file some of the weld off on the bulk head............like a glove alright :angry:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sounds like typical BM stuff to me, I have never found any of there pipes, cans or clutch kits to work the way they said they would.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by mbickF7@Jan 9 2003, 02:27 AM
Sounds like typical BM stuff to me, I have never found any of there pipes, cans or clutch kits to work the way they said they would.
Very well said, not sure how they stay in business :blink:

·
Registered
720 Posts
You guys did not read the fine print. It says, "Fits like a glove." The thing that they don't tell you is that it is O.J. Simpsons Glove!!!! :lol: :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
I ordered the Heavy Duty Billet Spring Adjuster Blocks from BM. Said it would take 2-3 weeks. Well at four weeks I called, they said they didn't know when it would be ready. So I then ordered the Billet Firecat Brake Reservoir Cover while I had them on the phone. Well, they couldn't add the cover to my backorder. Charged me another $10 in shipping. Another week goes by, I get the billet cover on Monday and the Adjuster blocks on Tuesday. Customer service is definietly not #1 at BM. They should have given me free shipping on a 5 week backorder.
They should take a lesson from Dan at The Outdoor Shop when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reved it up today and love the way it sounds!!!!! :D

Leaving for Canada now. See how it sounds under a load. Taking stock one just in case BM can falls off. <_<

Hope there is good snow!

Green F7 Snow Pro

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by ONExBADxDODGE@Jan 10 2003, 12:33 AM
Reved it up today and love the way it sounds!!!!! :D

Leaving for Canada now. See how it sounds under a load. Taking stock one just in case BM can falls off. <_<

Hope there is good snow!

Green F7 Snow Pro
They'll love you in Canada bring your check book for the ticket.

·
Registered
960 Posts
dodge man wat size lift kit is on that i want a truck exactly like that only black B)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had a blast. :D I have the BM can with the SW intake. Don't know if it was better snow hookup but it sure felt like it pulled harder. Ran a stock ZR 900 and ran right with him from a 30 mph roll. He wouldn't run from a stop because he said he had no studs.
Did get pulled over in Canada. They checked all paper work and talked for a little bit. They pulled another group over as they passed by. I was a little worried about the sound but I started it up and rode by them, waved and they waved back. They got to here it! And they passed by us sitting along side the trail later(resting not broke!). No check book needed!
I love the way it sounds. :wub: Very crisp and had several people here me start it up and ask about it. They said it sounds meaner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts