Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on the Blackmagic can this weekend and rode it. It sounds good, but not very loud. What's the deal? I thought the RT Can from Black Magic was suppose to be the loudest.

I'm cutting my stock can in half, gutting it out, and welding it back up. That should make some noise.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
RT cans are the new quite cans from BM. They were designed to be lighter, change the tone to be more aggresive, but not make it louder.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Try the Speedwerx intake, it gives the sled a nice honking sound when your on the gas that you can hear, and has minimal impact on the environment.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Why would you want it louder?? Are there too many trails in your area and you want some to close? :huh:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
well hell, there is no snow on our trails, so might as well close them cuz of guys that have to have harley sleds on the trail, unreal

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jamie, Firecat Freak,

First off a little noise isn't going to hurt anything. I'm not talking a loud hellacious noise, just louder than stock. You guys and your "The Trails Are Going To Close” I’ve been hearing that for 15 years and I'm yet to hear a trail close because of noise. This would be were you'd tell me about the 100 that have because your brothers step kid knows a guy. Save it. The State(s) wouldn't allow the trails to be shut down. They would move them around if they had to first. Only 1% of land owners complain about the sound anyway. There are more complaints about speed and studs than noise.

If you want quiet buy a toboggan. Your stock stuff isn't exactly whispering down the trail you know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Secondly - No I didn't see any performance gains, but I didn't expect to either. My only motivation really was to change the sound of the machine.

The can does weigh a lot less than stock and it is suppose to give you 2hp, but that's hard to measure by just the seat of your pants.

The sound that it gives is louder and more appealing, but you don't get the head snap reaction from people when you go by like you do with a piped ZRT Triple Triple.

I paid $259.00 plus shipping for the can. I would be willing to sell it for $200.00 shipping included.

Later!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by snochaser@Jan 27 2003, 03:46 PM
Jamie, Firecat Freak,

First off a little noise isn't going to hurt anything. I'm not talking a loud hellacious noise, just louder than stock. You guys and your "The Trails Are Going To Close” I’ve been hearing that for 15 years and I'm yet to hear a trail close because of noise. This would be were you'd tell me about the 100 that have because your brothers step kid knows a guy. Save it. The State(s) wouldn't allow the trails to be shut down. They would move them around if they had to first. Only 1% of land owners complain about the sound anyway. There are more complaints about speed and studs than noise.

If you want quiet buy a toboggan. Your stock stuff isn't exactly whispering down the trail you know.
you state that "This would be were you'd tell me about the 100 that have because your brothers step kid knows a guy. Save it." YOU are obviously saying in this statement that this is third party info and is not valid.....so if you would be so kind please back up your statement which reads "Only 1% of land owners complain about the sound anyway." I would be very interested in the facts behind this statement...i believe that noise is a problem...and saying "The State(s) wouldn't allow the trails to be shut down. They would move them around if they had to first." is pure fiction...many of the trails connect from state property to other state property by way of private landowners ....the state has contracts with them that last anywhere from 1 - 10 years....after the contract is up the landowners can at their discretion terminate the agreement.... obviously you aren't concerned about the noise factor and for this I find you guilty of a severe lack of snowmobiling knowledge of trails and the way they work...it suprises me greatly at how some snowmobilers disregard others rights and feelings...lets suppose for a minute that your 1% landowner complaint is correct...is that acceptable?? what if one of those 1% is on a main artery of the trail?? just like in hurley,Wi...used to be a straight shot from mercer to hurley...not we are re-routed all over the place because of one single unsatisfied land owner ...DO NOT underestimate landowners and the part they play in our sport ..to do so will cause our sport to slowly die....it might take more than 15,20,25 years but it will happen...i for one will still be snowmobiling in 25 years and would also like for my kids to enjoy the sport...finally what does a loud pipe accomplish for you?? if you think you sound cool...think again?? your annoying! If you believe you receive performance gains, I suggest you look into alternatives...Please understand the selfishness is not appealing and anyone who runs loud pipes...is for all intents and purposes being selfish...if loud pipes weren't an issue in our sport, why do you hear so much about them?? unless according to you that 1% of landowners are as loud as your pipes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! That was a mouth full. I do understand land owner rights as I assumed most everyone else in the forum did, but thank you for the further explanation. What I meant by the State wouldn't allow them to close was that snowmobilers generate a lot of revenu for many towns which those towns couldn't afford to loose and the state realizes that. If you read any local Wisconsin Paper you read about the reason those land owners didn't want to renew there contract and the reasons are always 1) Traffic. 2) Speed. 3) Damage. 4) Noise. 5) Family Use. That is directly out of the Milwakee Jurnal in Mid December.

I in no way belittled the land owner in my statement. If you've ever rode in the mountains you would know how valuble haveing a sled you can hear is. When I am riding near homes and in town I take it easy and respect my suroundings. Isn't that the point. You don't hear the harely guys reving the bike in residential area's at night do you? But in the daytime by the beach, what the hell, let it rip.

I live in America, I've fought for America, and now I want to enjoy the freedom of America and that includes making my sled sound however I want.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:mellow: Don't bother coming to Ontario ,100% enfocement on the noise issue 0% tolerance, price of admission to the noise club $120 plus the the price of the exhaust which collects dust on the shelf....

·
Registered
227 Posts
:lol: AMEN! plus I do ride a Harley and I'll be damned if should sound like a PUSS! B)

I miss the sound of a ZeRT at night in the forest....BRAP PPPPPP BRAP

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll say it again. I want louder than stock, but not a hellacious noise that sounds like a Mack truck downshifting on the highway.

You against noise guys must think I'm putting a straight pipe on out the top of the hood or something.

Great, you guys have a fine, I'm aware of that.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by snochaser@Jan 27 2003, 04:43 PM
I in no way belittled the land owner in my statement. If you've ever rode in the mountains you would know how valuble haveing a sled you can hear is. When I am riding near homes and in town I take it easy and respect my suroundings. Isn't that the point. You don't hear the harely guys reving the bike in residential area's at night do you? But in the daytime by the beach, what the hell, let it rip.

I live in America, I've fought for America, and now I want to enjoy the freedom of America and that includes making my sled sound however I want.
I understand your opinion based on the area in which you ride....I although live in wisconsin and we ride through residential areas quite frequently...or at the very least through the rural areas with homes....noise is a curse on our trail system...your riding is very much different than ours and noise is tolerable and probably sometimes helpful....it will although only serve to harm the trail systems that I ride on.

As far as harley's go...they cannot in anyway be compared to a snowmobile....they are street legal vehicles that are on PUBLIC highways...if they have aftermarket exhausts on and are to loud that is for the police to handle ...but a landowner that has a loud harley drive by CANNOT call the city or state and decide that they no longer want traffic going by outside their property. If harleys rode across the backside of your land and they were forced to ride that ....you might not be so inclined to tolerate a loud pipe then.

·
Registered
978 Posts
some trails around here do have NO LOUD PIPE signs...and closure has been threatened... its mainly when people are hammering a hundred feet from houses at 10pm-8am

im all for a better sounding machine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts