Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need all the help and advice I can get on this one. I'm new to the "sno-pro" family and am wondering what I should buy. I'm looking at an 03 SP with the black magic 780 motor in it. I don't know anything about these motors. Are they dependable? Am I buying problems?

Also, I am looking at an 01 SP with the Hooper 640 kit in it. I know nothing about these. Same questions as above. I just need some advice. I love to ditch bang, fly through the trails, and drag race on the roads once in a while. Would either of these sleds work for me?

One more question....what are these sleds comparable to? I ride with mostly 600's.....any competition at all??

THANKS A TON!!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i know black magic makes a NASTY motor, but their pipes dont make shit for power, and hooper, he makes a pretty radical motor also. as for what to get for the riding you want to do, the '03 snopro is a firecat chassis, the '01 is a zr chassis, i think the firecat chassis is alot better handling wise, and its alot lighter. as for dependability, they are both propably equally dependable, but with these mod motors, you have to be careful, they are awfully finniky. i was almost thinking about putting a mod motor into my 440, but decided that after it was all said and dont, i will have alot more reliable sled, WITH efi, and with how i am clutching and gearing and some minor mods it wont be much slower than an 800 mod. my opinion, buy an F6 or F7, put some small bolt on mods and call it good

·
Registered
56 Posts
As for these mod motors being reliable, my brother put about 1000miles last year on his 03 780sx motor but thats a speedwerx motor. if your looking for a pull and go sled, these motors are not for you.

Good luck making a EFI F7 as fast as the mod sleds :div20:

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
i know black magic makes a NASTY motor, but their pipes dont make shit for power, and hooper, he makes a pretty radical motor also. as for what to get for the riding you want to do, the '03 snopro is a firecat chassis, the '01 is a zr chassis, i think the firecat chassis is alot better handling wise, and its alot lighter. as for dependability, they are both propably equally dependable, but with these mod motors, you have to be careful, they are awfully finniky. i was almost thinking about putting a mod motor into my 440, but decided that after it was all said and dont, i will have alot more reliable sled, WITH efi, and with how i am clutching and gearing and some minor mods it wont be much slower than an 800 mod. my opinion, buy an F6 or F7, put some small bolt on mods and call it good[/b]
Hahahahaha. Don't make shit for power. Hahahaha.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
As for these mod motors being reliable, my brother put about 1000miles last year on his 03 780sx motor but thats a speedwerx motor. if your looking for a pull and go sled, these motors are not for you.

Good luck making a EFI F7 as fast as the mod sleds :div20:[/b]
you wait and see, i am gunna run your brother, not sayin im gunna beat him, but im not guna be far behind. but wanna know teh greatest thing? i can hold it WFO just about as far as i want and wont have to worry about it, and i can have about 10,000 miles on the sled and still be runnin strong, haha!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
for trail use they are not that reilable and require alot of attention. I would get an 800 zr or fire cat and just revalve the shocks.[/b]
goot call, or get one of D&D racing firecat chassis with an F9 stroker, haha, those are a nutty trail reliable motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.