Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if any one has tried the black diamond gears on there 2004-2005 Zr 900.I am debating on either going with the the cheaper way with the 2006 10.4 secondary upgrade from [email protected] or just the gears from black diamond.I talked to [email protected] today and they said the gears would perform better than the 2006 secondary. does any one know if that would be true.Any info would be great thank you.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by snow pro f7@Sep 26 2005, 10:44 PM
I would like to know if any one has tried the black diamond gears on there 2004-2005 Zr 900.I am debating on either going with the the cheaper way with the 2006 10.4 secondary upgrade from [email protected] or just the gears from black diamond.I talked to [email protected] today and they said the gears would perform better than the 2006 secondary. does any one know if that would be true.Any info would be great thank you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894695
[/quote]
yes it's true, and not meaning to be a prick, but i'll exercise my fifth ammendment,,,,

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am trying the new secondary and belt on my 900. I trail ride it and I love
the low end. Hoping for better belt life. Keeping the 8.5 primary which should
help bunch up the belt on the secondarys new flat spot. Hard to believe the
old DD secondary didnt have the flat. You can see on my T-CAT where the
belt gets squashed in the flat. Works great with the right belt. Dont know if
the 83s are big enough. Time will tell all. Getting ready for the APE[apex] shits.
Going to be like 03 all over again. Going to be running alot of blue sleds at
first.....Told all the parts are back ordered due in late "OCT". Here we go again.
SOS. :moose_nuggets:

G

·
Is the D&D '06 secondary machined different than the stock '06 secondary? At the bottom? How much for the D&D secondary? Is there a different belt required?

·
Registered
134 Posts
try the clutch, the gears are worthless unless you get twin pipes to make your RPMs 7900-8100 ... been there done that, $375 big ones... get the secondary,....

·
Registered
444 Posts
There were alot of posts about the gears. Guys were working out the clutching
set up with the gears. Different helix cam arms springs etc. Still seamed that
the biggest problem or part of the problem is belt slip at shift-out. I am certain
I will go faster with the new belt and secondary. I trail ride so a little help at
85-90 and this sled is great. From 0-100 this sled beats or stays with all the
"trail" sleds it ran. Goes as fast as need and good on fuel. Still race the my
99 T-CAT some. Would have to be trubo gears to run down the T-CAT......
I am going to change secondary on 04 then compare to my 05 and see how
much difference there is. If not happy I am going to machine the 05 secondary
and run the POO belt. I have fun with the 04 because everybody thinks they
are slow. With a few clutching changes there as fast as any stock ZR900 to
90 and quicker out of the hole. You can really feather the throttle on the DD...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts