Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Driven Products make a billet brake lever called a G-Lever. I can't find a website for them, but you can get them through any Parts Unlimited dealer. i belive the part number you will need is 0614-0060. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
My opinion on Billet lever's is that the brake levers on these snowmobiles are composite for a reason,

A guy I know was riding his sled and got run off the trail around a blind corner by a"dumbass".

He hit a tree with his right ski and flipped over the handlebars. On his way over the bars, his hand got wedged between
the leftbar and the "billet" brake lever, he broke two fingers and both the bones in his wrist on the way over.

The moral of the story is.... that if the composite brake lever was left on it, it would have broke off and he may have just got a scratch instead of some broken bones

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love my D & D brake lever...............way more comfortable than the stocker / looks cool to.
Keep in mind when looking, some DO NOT have provisions for the parking brake.

[/b]
never realy use it anyways thanks i did hear that before (trying to get it to work on a 06sno-pro)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Does anyone manufacture a billet brake lever that works with the lever forward high/low beam switch? I bought a standard billet lever from AC a couple years ago and tried to modify it by grinding. Needless to say I didn't do a very good job and $30 went into the trash can.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone manufacture a billet brake lever that works with the lever forward high/low beam switch? I bought a standard billet lever from AC a couple years ago and tried to modify it by grinding. Needless to say I didn't do a very good job and $30 went into the trash can.[/b]
my last post is a ods and d&d makes them

·
Registered
66 Posts
Two things. If the composite levers would be hooked I would have kept it on. I got mine from AC, they have black or purple. Unfortunatly I don't have the part number at this time. I'm pretty sure they have one for the dimmer switch as well.

Pete

·
Registered
519 Posts
SNOW800.
your friend may have been slightly better off with a plastic lever.

I manged to nearly break my hand going over the bars once w a plasic brake lever. I didnt break my hand but actualy tore my finger open through my glove and still didnt break the plastic lever. hand was hurt preaty bad.
I dont know what it takes to break one of those things but i think it could have easly broke my fingers.
I have broke just about every part on every sled but never broke a willwood brake lever.

mabe the flex in the plastic saved my hand.

I think there made of plastic so its not so cold. motorcycles and atvs have alluminum handles.

Other than the buillet levers are longer and look cool there is realy no other good reason I can think of to use one.
The plastic probably wont break , its lighter, its warmer,and if you put one finger on the willwood lever your sled will stop.
grab a handfull of a long lever on a willwood and you may go over the handlebars anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts