Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Bikeman has REV style power valves for the F7. Has anyone tried them and did you see performance or HP gains?

:banana:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
you will see 0 peak hp gains with proper adjustment, you may gain in the midrange though

Krom

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
are these the ones mark is making at supreme tool ?????

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by cjt@Sep 17 2005, 10:09 PM
yes they are
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879618
[/quote]
kind of figured so :div20: thanks, they remove a lot of questions as far as actual workability goes,ie,,,,non working servos, cables jumping off pulleys, etc, etc,,,,,,,one less thing to worry about,, :banana:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
the rev vavles dont have the cords right?? or whats the difference

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 18 2005, 06:59 AM
If these type of valves worked better ..........I bet they would have came with the sled .  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879900
[/quote]
And ski-doo is using electronically controlled valves on there power-tek motors! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by cjt@Sep 18 2005, 02:54 PM
not from the factory!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880468
[/quote]
I think it does even from the factory . I realize it doesn't mph very well because of the belt , sec. issue but the corner to corner general all around ride is pretty good . :dunno:

Why would you want to disconnect your valves and run the ski-doo style ? What advantage is that ? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
from what has been explained to me you they gradually open not the "POP" you get with the servo motor,so they can start opening a little sooner and make the exhaust port larger,more power earlier. if you look at the dyno sheets you get a huge increase in hp&torque at the moment the valves open so if you could open them just a little bit,and abit earlier,my guess is you would have a more linear power curve! (forgive spelling)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
From what I understand both the 05 and 06 ECU open instantly upon throttling so no"pop" theory for them. I think what it does do is eliminate the worry about cables, length, tightening etc., but does little more than that. I may be wrong though.

ptm

·
Registered
256 Posts
I thought that I might get some for my D&D 1010 so I could dial in more bottom end torque on the dyno. They were a lot of money and did not seem needed. Although if doing a motor swap they would help or on a mountain sled maybe.
They do get rid of a lot of wearing parts and maintenance.
If they weren't so expensive more people might use them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by HpHunter@Sep 18 2005, 06:30 PM
I thought that I might get some for my D&D 1010 so I could dial in more bottom end torque on the dyno. They were a lot of money and did not seem needed. Although if doing a motor swap they would help or on a mountain sled maybe.
They do get rid of a lot of wearing parts and maintenance.
If they weren't so expensive more people might use them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880732
[/quote]

im in the same boat on that one maybe if they were around $150-250 more people might get them. i know i would but for $450 i will kep mine how they are

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Had a set on my 1000 Twin and they seemed to work good. Power was really smooth and they're easy to adjust. Only downfall is the $$

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by slow800zr@Sep 18 2005, 08:43 PM
im in the same boat on that one maybe if they were around $150-250  more people might get them. i know i would but for $450 i will kep mine how they are
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880849
[/quote]
FWIW,,, if you only knew how many folks have had servo problems that cost $$ out the a$$, the price wouldn't matter, believe me :Wow1:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts