Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried it or have info about it?

i was thinking about sending my pipe in for it, but don't want to if it's going to hurt the sled at all.

·
Premium Member
20,494 Posts
They work great on the carbed 900s and I have seen a few guys on here who liked them on the efis as well. I sold a used 900 pipe to a guy who had me send it right to them to mod. Send it in.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have the pipe and head done. It rips, and best of all. Looks stock!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the pipe and head done. It rips, and best of all. Looks stock![/b]
Head just ups compression requiring premium fuel, yes?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
anyone tried it or have info about it?

i was thinking about sending my pipe in for it, but don't want to if it's going to hurt the sled at all.[/b]
BMP pipe mod 200.00
DD ypipe 900-1010 150.00

I have about 400 miles w/ this pipe mod on a 06EFI, and seemed to a bit narrow on the powerband. IT IS not a pipe to use for a 1500ft. lake pull ...seems like the powerband/Torq. drops fast ,compared to the ACpipe.,after peak RPMS are hit.On mine it was 7600.w/ 85gr daltons./shift assist/ orange sec. spring. 89 oct fuel.
As far as trail riding, it makes a the yank in the bars more pronounced,for sure. I think the MPG went up a little. Throttle response was better at trail speeds.
I used a DD ypipe( crappy welds) last time out w/ lenneco reeds,and do not plan to keep the Ypipe.Something just does not click w/ these 2 pipes. Seemed to run out of fuel at top end pull, let off of it , did not want to push it. ETH switch made No diff.At trail speeds in real cold temps, the engine felt like it was possesed.Unreal pull at speeds around 40-75, wich leads me to deduce that its REAL lean, at that RPM area.

I found that the DD ypipe( which are fabbed by DYNOPORT btw, ) really is not worth a Boondocker, or 93+ octane for a weekend driver. $$ BTW w/ the Ypipe fuel use was alot more.(?)

The BMP pipe is a good mod, if you plan to run heavily studded, out 700 ft or so, on hard pack,snow over ice, etc., sucks in deeper snow, its really a grass drag mod. = 9 +HP ?..Im not sold. Mabe 3-4.
This sled dynoed at 161 /111 ftbs trq. w/ breakin Oil.
Trying to add a trailable 10-15 hp seriously, is made up of comprimises , at least on a 9 EFI.

Bottom line , ITS real hard to beat the fact 06 EFI mapping and 900 Acat ex. stock setup for top speed and MPG. I ran 109 w/ 35 miles stock.

·
Banned
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are the slp cans that come with the pipe really quiet like they say, or are they loud? i'd rather not be much louder than stock..

BMP pipe mod 200.00
DD ypipe 900-1010 150.00

I have about 400 miles w/ this pipe mod on a 06EFI, and seemed to a bit narrow on the powerband. IT IS not a pipe to use for a 1500ft. lake pull ...seems like the powerband/Torq. drops fast ,compared to the ACpipe.,after peak RPMS are hit.On mine it was 7600.w/ 85gr daltons./shift assist/ orange sec. spring. 89 oct fuel.
As far as trail riding, it makes a the yank in the bars more pronounced,for sure. I think the MPG went up a little. Throttle response was better at trail speeds.
I used a DD ypipe( crappy welds) last time out w/ lenneco reeds,and do not plan to keep the Ypipe.Something just does not click w/ these 2 pipes. Seemed to run out of fuel at top end pull, let off of it , did not want to push it. ETH switch made No diff.At trail speeds in real cold temps, the engine felt like it was possesed.Unreal pull at speeds around 40-75, wich leads me to deduce that its REAL lean, at that RPM area.

I found that the DD ypipe( which are fabbed by DYNOPORT btw, ) really is not worth a Boondocker, or 93+ octane for a weekend driver. $$ BTW w/ the Ypipe fuel use was alot more.(?)

The BMP pipe is a good mod, if you plan to run heavily studded, out 700 ft or so, on hard pack,snow over ice, etc., sucks in deeper snow, its really a grass drag mod. = 9 +HP ?..Im not sold. Mabe 3-4.
This sled dynoed at 161 /111 ftbs trq. w/ breakin Oil.
Trying to add a trailable 10-15 hp seriously, is made up of comprimises , at least on a 9 EFI.

Bottom line , ITS real hard to beat the fact 06 EFI mapping and 900 Acat ex. stock setup for top speed and MPG. I ran 109 w/ 35 miles stock.[/b]
do you think the problems you have is due to clutching or your efi tune, and maybe not from the pipe?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
are the slp cans that come with the pipe really quiet like they say, or are they loud? i'd rather not be much louder than stock..
do you think the problems you have is due to clutching or your efi tune, and maybe not from the pipe?[/b]
No . it runs 7600 as it should, but spins there real quick . The DD y is really a touchy part to tune , esp. on a EFI , such as 06 where they got the mapping right. I can belive that it would be more of a good peice on a carb 900 w/ all the ways you could tune the fuel circuts, w/o the ECM getting in the way.More even w/a port and uppped compression job. Running Stock, execpt for 85 gr wgts and Shift assist, I could walk any Apex, or F7 at 80mph -up. And give a MACH z a nose to nose till 100,(-5 deg that day) These are quite alot to handle, all things considered, stock.

Converting the clutch to this setup.had a chance to ride a bone stock 04 900efi w/ this setup(64 Grams) and was impressed w/ holeshot,backshift, to stellar topend. Big twin loves the custom angle of the arms..groans and pulls like a train.W/O all that mass(weight) flying around. Also uses the white stock sec, spring for good MPH, Green in primary. More than a crapshoot, it works.

http://lencco.com/html/clutch_weight_adapter_kit.html
http://lencco.com/html/big_twin.html

·
Premium Member
20,494 Posts
The SLP muffle is still a good bit louder than stock. not that noticeable on snow, but very audible on pavement. BM R/T is the closest to stock and the DD is the loudest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts