Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one useing bikeman overdrive helixs??? which ones? do they realy give you more top end?? does it take away any thing?i have a 04 f7 sp and 100 mph is about it, thats b.s, i want more!!! greg : :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
if you have an 04 carb thats tuned and running good and only get about 100mph, then something is out of whack with your existing clutch setup... are the clutches bone stock, never touched??? are you over revving? :dunno: something tells me that you could make it go faster without even spending a dime!....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the updated jetting, it runs strong, it tops out at 7800rpm and about 100 mph, i have tried every thing possible ih the stock set up????? but i do have the tall sp track??

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
What temp and jets? Belt?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by gregv@Sep 20 2005, 06:03 PM
i have the updated jetting, it runs strong, it tops out at 7800rpm and about 100 mph, i have tried every thing possible ih the stock set up????? but i do have the tall sp track??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884167
[/quote]

that doesnt make any sence... runs good, tops out at 7800rpms, and only 100mph... :banghead:

are you towing something or what??? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
i dont get it... you bought the sled brand new and its all stock gearing/clutching??

dont bother asking your dealer... :flush:

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Stock helixes are cut for overdrive already. Is it shifting out? what kind of conditions? what temp? WHAT JETS?

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
I had the same problem the first year with my SP F7 It would pull nice and stop at 99 MPH I reclutched it and piped it and still 99 MPH my dealer found my belt tension was like over a half inch too loose from the factory if I remember correctly. Anyway he removed a washer or 2 from the secondary and I hit 110 on the very next lake run. Take it for what its worth but it worked for me and didnt cost a penny! :luxhello:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by 98 Thundercat@Sep 20 2005, 07:00 PM
I had the same problem the first year with my SP F7 It would pull nice and stop at 99 MPH I reclutched it and piped it and still 99 MPH my dealer found my belt tension was like over a half inch too loose from the factory if I remember correctly. Anyway he removed a washer or 2 from the secondary and I hit 110 on the very next lake run. Take it for what its worth but it worked for me and didnt cost a penny! :luxhello:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884278
[/quote]

:div20: :eek:oh4: :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts