Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was considering getting the Bikeman clutch mod done and was wondering who has had it done and what your thoughts were. Thanks.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I should be getting mine back from D&D soon. My sheaves showed signs of discoloration from heat. I never noticed that on my other sleds. I can't wait till snow flies to try it. I will be posting my results when that happens. I'll be installing my billet secondary adjuster as well, it would be nice if it came with instructions!

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 8 2005, 09:39 AM
I believe it is the same as the D&D mod . In any case I have it and it works great .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=865445
[/quote]

I am having mine done as well by Birch Point marine who is an authorized D&D dealer and I assume it is the same mod as well. They did very well after the mods this past year. Seen it first hand. Much better on top and less belt heat.

JEster

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've found from our testing that machining the secondary clutch and using a different belt you can get the clutches to start in a lower ratio. This mod makes the sled punch out of the hole much harder and testing showed a gain of as much as 5 mph in top speed using this belt. Simply send us your secondary clutch and we will machine it to our specifications and send it back with a new custom belt. Works on all 2005 Diamond Drive F7's.
That is directly from the Bikeman website,

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
That looks like an idea I had. I thought about using the foam out of a big fish aquarium filter, to make a cooling duct. It is the same as what is in a bullseye.
Got help if your getting some cold air in there! Nice find though Dono "looks like a snap"
sorry bad j/k
Keep up the good ideas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts