Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard on the snowest forum that you can bore out an f5 or do something else to give it a 1050 cc motor with almost 200 hp? Is this true or what is the largest motor i can bore it to to fit under the hood? thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
idk would it work or would it just spin and tear things apart??? I prob should have gone with the 7, my 5 doesnt even compare to the acceleration with my dirtbike!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Would be a little skeptical of a bore job that would double the cc's. Maybe if you were to say that you could stroke/bore it to 1050cc's......still that seems like alot.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
you could get 678 about $2000 730 about$3500 or 800 about$5000 think it would be worth

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I tihnk D&D has a F5 which has nothing to do with the Firecat. I think that was in that cc arrange.

·
Registered
530 Posts
yea im sure you could bore it out that much and run with paper for cylender walls :wacko: why would you want that much bore anyways its not gonna be a top fule dragster if u wanted top speed for drag racing you should have went with a 900 or something aimed more twords drag or top speed. 500s are more of a low end power band and thse firecats are a ditchbangers sled not drag racing. Not saying you couldnt make it one but its not what its intensions were,

·
Registered
59 Posts
500's are about low end power? You must have one freak of an F-5. The last 500 I owned had to be revved to the moon to make power. I had my clutches engage at 5500, and revved well over 8, close to 9. No low-end to speak of. 500's need to clear their throats and scream......

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Not that I'm recommending Black Magic,but they do offer a 715 invader topend kit,claiming 152 horse with93.9 ft lbs torque.Also they offer a 760 invader stroker that claims to produce163.1 horse and 100.8 ft lbs torque.Prices start at 3000$ and climb to around 5000$. -_-

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
NO NO NO you can't bore your 500 out to 1000 cc's. You would bore right into the porting. You can go to an after market like Black Magic and they hava kits up to about 780 for that sled. Close to 170 hp if I'm not mistaken.
Cat S.

·
Registered
341 Posts
D&D- 720cc
BlackMagic- 715cc, 760cc
Speedwerx- 730cc, 780cc

These are the ones I know of, D&D has had their "F5" kits for the past couple years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by Kurdt@Jan 24 2003, 01:33 AM
500's are about low end power? You must have one freak of an F-5. The last 500 I owned had to be revved to the moon to make power. I had my clutches engage at 5500, and revved well over 8, close to 9. No low-end to speak of. 500's need to clear their throats and scream......
Actually my F5 has a better take off / low end power then my '95 Ski-Doo Forumula SS 670 ever had. When we get snow, I'll drag against my old Ski-Doo (My roommate bought it from me) - I think I'm a bit faster then it up to about 50-60, but then he'll start to pull away.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah my old xc600 EDGE would not be a competitor against my buddies 440s on bottom AND top, but now with my F5 I can blow away any 440 or 600...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A wise old man once told Me ! When You modify an engine You start at the bottom not on top!! Your crank and bearings are made for 500cc You are just asking for trouble!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i know but i want something that will take off like a snopro... My f5 likes to bog for around 20-30 feet and then it pulls very hard... I dont think it has hardly any power until almost 6000 r's. A snopro will do a wheelie off the line, my f5 does nothing and i dont want to take the blocks out because i am jumping 10 feet in the air... would a new clutch or weights do anything.. would it be bad if it didnt take off til 5500 to 6000 rpm?, or is something wrong with my sled? I know i need to jet it down because it's runnin way to rich, but i want it to have a little more take off power because im on the track a lot. This thing has some mean midrange for a 500. Is an aftermarket clutch the answer? because i would think that this thing could at least run with a snopro 440 in a 200 yrd drag but me and my buddies have switched off and tried each and the 440 wins every time, I just need some better response right off the line! thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
The speedwerx kit requires you to send the whole 500 cc engine. They will bore and port the transfer ports true and weld the crank, provide a pair of billet cylinders, reprogram your ignition and fully assemble and ship it for you...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by vance1@Jan 24 2003, 02:04 PM
yeah i know but i want something that will take off like a snopro... My f5 likes to bog for around 20-30 feet and then it pulls very hard... I dont think it has hardly any power until almost 6000 r's...
Maybe it's a stupid question, but you DID pull a shim out of the secondary, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts