Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This must be the answer to the belts slipping in the seconday when coming out of the hole with all the torque that the big iron makes.
Noticed its only a direct fit for the X-fire and M. A clearance problem with the foot rest and belly plastic on the F?

What belt?

Good job D&D, Black Diamond

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I don't see how this fits the crossfires or M's...maybe only 2007?? The 10.4" clutch only clears the bellypan on my 06 Crossfire by 1/8"+-. IMPOSSIBLE belt change....

I think that 11" would hang through my belly pan by an inch!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
X-fires and m-sleds have the reverse motor in a different position. Much more clearance in 07's than earlier years. Does fix the slipping issues, but eliminates the overedrive, requiring taller gears to attain the same speed. This was used on Billy howard's 1200 nitrous x-fire that got top et at the shootout.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Piped to run 7700, top speed would be about 110mph with the tallest gears we have, now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Glenn,

What do you think about 11 tooth drivers? I don't know about the X, M tunnel, but it looks like the F would have plenty of clearance for them especially with a 1" track?

Nobody makes them thought that I know of????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.