Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the riding in the Big Horn Mountains near Buffalo, WY? Anyone been there yet this year? Does anyone live near there? Just looking for a snow report.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by snochaser@Jan 27 2003, 12:31 PM
How is the riding in the Big Horn Mountains near Buffalo, WY? Anyone been there yet this year? Does anyone live near there? Just looking for a snow report.
Snow is excellent in the Northern Horns. Over 1 foot fell at the 8K level last week. Our group is heading out on Friday. Staying at the Bear Lodge for 6 days!!!

Oh boy, I'm having another seizure just thinking about it....gotta go!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bear Lodge isn't really in the Big Horn Mountains is it? We are going a couple hours farther west on 90 to Buffalo or Ten Sleep area. I think Bear Lodge in Sundance WY is more Black Hills area.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. I might be talking about the wrong Bear Lodge.

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Live in Maryland but have been to WY twice to the Snowy Mtn. Range. Great place! Tons of snow but a little remote for partying! I have a buddy who lives north of Denver, Longmont, and we have driven up there and rented Doo's. I grew up in ND and I know a lot of people in the upper Midwest go to the Bighorns, but I know that if I lived back in ND and I trailered west I would go to the Snowy's first! My e-mail is '[email protected]' ---- I will let you know what I can. As mentioned above, 'snowest' is the site to go to for mtn. reports. I kid you not, it is great! The first day on my second trip (Jan. '01) it snowed 3 ft.+ the night before as we drove in. I can send you video of it. The snow was not only bustin' over the hoods but BURIED us! We had 2 700 Summits and 3 600's - the 7's had 2" tracks, the 6's had 1.75" tracks, all 136" in length. Don't even THINK about a normal track! It would not be near as much fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts