Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know a guy that was just out there last week. He said there was so much fresh snow almost everyday, he didn't even ahve to get off the trail to find powder! I'm headed out there the beginning of March...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got back yesterday after a (mostly) fantastic trip. 2' of fresh powder and snowing all the way to the top of the mountain the day we showed up, making the trip up the mountain a little white knuckle. Day 1 found a great little hill (untouched) less than a half mile from Bear Lodge, had one sled come down the hill by itself (rookie 1) and a second one buried 3/4 of the way up the hill (rookie 2- ME). The veterans have been up this hill hundreds of times and this was the first time they couldn't make it up, 4'+- of powder. After the sun came out on day 2 the snow set up a little (helping the rookies out a little) we had fantastic riding the rest of the week. Came back with a broken Rev (possible bent flying nun, broken windshield), a 600 RMK with a bad rattle (probably rod bearing), a 600 RMK with mystery carb problems (black gas in one carb, clean gas in the other?), an '01 Denali 6.0 liter with 0 psi oil pressure at idle and 25 psi at highway speeds (made it back, but it had everyone sweating) and a bad experience with a Chevy service manager in the middle of South Dakota. Overall a great trip and can't wait to go back, the staff at Bear Lodge is great to deal with and we all ate way to much food at all 4 lodges in the area.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had some good food and a few beverages at the Arrowhead, good chili up at High Country also. The avalanche area on the trail back from High Country is impressive, would have liked to stop and take pictures, but we didn't want to stop under it. Have a good time and let us know how it went.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts