Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
128jetsnake was this on the f6? i haven't had any problems with the mod on my f7 but honestly i never saw a real difference other than increased intake noise.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I don't think it would make a differance on minor mods like that. Might be a different story on a F8.

Yup, this is on a F6. The R's were about 100 less with the 440 intake on. That's not much but if it's less R's, then it's less power.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
would it be worth runnin a speedwerx intake along with heads, pipe, timing key, and boondocker control box???

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by justinm7@Aug 29 2005, 07:47 PM
anybody use the BMG big flow intake on the firecat
only 59.00 is it worth it
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852471
[/quote]

It's weird to me that other dynos show a loss of cfm on efi models, but a gain with carb models. But my superflow dyno shows an increase in cfm and slight increase in peak power on efi's and nice gains with carb models. But the big gain isn't peak power so much as low end throttle response and power. If you bolt it on, you can feel the response difference, something a dyno just can't recreate. Carb models will pick up 100 rpm at wide open by just bolting it on.
If you use a 440 intake the accordian doesn't compress all the way and can actually suck together causing a restriction. Ours in the same height as stock so this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ADDED THE 440 INTAKE ON MY 03 EFI WITH A RUMBLE PAC AND I am VERY IMPRESSED .... I HAVE 153 12.50s STUDS AND HAVE NOT LOST ANY F-7s YET AND CAN BEAT ZR 900s IF I GET THE JUMP !!! AND PULL THEM HARD AT ABOUT 85 MPH....MUST HAVE A GOOD FACTORY F-7 ...YOU CAN NOTICE A AIR NOISE AT HIGHER SPEEDS !!! :no_bashing: :flush:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ADDED THE 440 INTAKE ON MY 03 EFI WITH A RUMBLE PAC AND I am VERY IMPRESSED .... I HAVE 153 12.50s STUDS AND HAVE NOT LOST TO ANY F-7s YET AND CAN BEAT ZR 900s IF I GET THE JUMP !!! AND PULL THEM HARD AT ABOUT 85 MPH....MUST HAVE A GOOD FACTORY F-7 ...YOU CAN NOTICE A AIR NOISE AT HIGHER SPEEDS !!! :no_bashing: :flush:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I mounted the BMP intake on my F7 '05 in february.

And I noticed a better trootlerespons for sure and also a deeper sound, so it worked on my sled :div20:

-Jens :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Hey you guys with his air horn......Can you reach in the intake of your sled? Even sitting in storage now, and in front of the air dam on the floor of the intake wipe it with a rag?

Is there a gob of oil sitting on the floor of the intake?

YES IT SOUNDS LIKE A FUNNY QUESTION BUT COULD YOU CHECK?

Anyone that don't have the intake can check too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
YES!..when i was fogging my engine for summer storage i removed the air box and fogged the engine...but i also did notice the 1 inch deep oil puddle you speak of...i wiped it up with paper towel....what could this be caused by and could it effect preformance at all?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts