Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last saturday while drinking in the shop my buddies and i were looking through some company catalogues. why is it that its $1500 to big bore most twins and 3500-4000 for a liberty 800??? am i missing something here.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Probably because most twins can be bored out with stock cylinders. I don't think the 800 can be bored out with stock cylinders. The 800 is already a bored out 700. I still don't think that could account for a $2000 difference in price though. :banghead: I'd like to put a 910 in mine someday, but they want too much money for them. If I ever want something like that I'll just buy a 4 stroke and give it some BOOST! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
most of the big bore 800's, like the ubr and struthers 910 are custom cylinders, that's why they cost so much... if you're gonna spend that kinda loot i'd get the 1200 watercraft motor and some custom 3x3 pipes... 200+hp on pump gas... yeha!!!!

the other option is to look at a small bore turbo... guys are spinnin up the new 600ho on turbo's and getting about 180ish hp... for abotu the same $$$

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Probably because most twins can be bored out with stock cylinders. I don't think the 800 can be bored out with stock cylinders. The 800 is already a bored out 700. I still don't think that could account for a $2000 difference in price though. :banghead: I'd like to put a 910 in mine someday, but they want too much money for them. If I ever want something like that I'll just buy a 4 stroke and give it some BOOST! :beerchug:[/b]
You can bore out stock cylinders to 875. One cost added to big boring the 800 poo involves sending in crank and case to have pto end welded and big bearing added. Without these mods you aren't going far before disaster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.