Hardcore Sledder banner

should we add a new Arctic Cat subforum for "big bore 800/900"?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't we have a separate Big Block Forum Catagory for the 800 and 900 Arctic cat sleds? Lokks like we need one. What do you think?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts exactly. It's hard to go through everything to find the bigblock stuff. There is a catagory for the ZRT's and the T660's why not for the Big Block. How do we ask the administrator to have a new catagory setup For Big Block 800/900?

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
Originally posted by bly123@Oct 17 2005, 11:36 AM
Why can't we have a separate Big Block Forum Catagory for the 800 and 900 Arctic cat sleds? Lokks like we need one.  What do you think?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934949
[/quote]

The only dif is the engine :doh:

everything else is the same :cn:

So why seperate them :dunno:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats exactly why we need a new catagory The engne and clutching and exhaust and intake. All these things are different and all have different setups than the 600 case reeds and the 700's. If you are useing that as a reason not to then why is ther a ZRT catagory? The only difference is the engine? See what I mean? It's that the engine is so different we need a new forum catagory, just like the ZRT.

Is the administrator following this thread?? Can we do this??? We have valid resons.

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
So why not get rid of the 580s and 700s out of this forum too :dunno:

Or have a 500 and 600 forum as they are the same basic engine

Yet we can seperate the 500 APVs and the 600 APVs as one has round PVs and the other has guillotine type

Or have an BEFI forum seperate from the carbs

See the pandora box you are openning

they are the same basic sled just diferent engine/clutching thats it

The Skid/AWS/tunnel/track length/skis/windshield/cab/belly pan etc are all the same :div20:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
i say you just keep it all in here. no need seperating so much. only reason the zrt is in a different forum is because its paired up with the thundercat which is also a triple. if you make a 800/900 you might as well make a 600/700, then a 500/580. it just wont end. it is an alright idea so you dont have to search through stuff but i say just leave it be.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There, you said it your self. ZRT's and Thudercats are tripples and thats why they have there own forum. Lets just for the sake of argument leave out the cc of the engine, not 800 or 900. Forget about that. Tripple engine, Separare... Big Block, Separate... It's a different kind of engine just like the tripple. Just like with a car forums. Big block forums and small block forums. It's not the same as the rest. You have to see the logic here. It's not the CC's, It's a Different type of engine. And with this different kind of engine are different performance options and clutching and performance tips, all sorts of different things that don't apply to the small block or case reed engines. And why is there a T660 forum? Because it's a different engine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I really think it gets pointless to separate things even as much as they are now. When I come and browse through I like to see all the posts and all the questions because I may not own all the sleds, but between my family and myslef I work on a good share of them. Besides, I like to learn about all of it.

Just my opinion. There isn't a category for either of the sleds I own anyway. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no problem adding the forum if the majority want it. Let's vote on it for a day and see what happens. If the majority are in favor, then I'll add it tomorrow (weds) morning :div20:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts