Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres my lovely report...first guys out today as u can see from the pic...fresh groomed trails..and packed..got warm at the end of the day but base stayed strong... 120 miles sled didnt burb, belch, snap, buzz, kick, flip anything the wrong way...all i can say is the usual ...great power blah blah blah...but after spending 120 miles on this sled...i attemped sharp turns and wide sweeping fast curves on the hard pack just sitting on the back...and it would go around them fine...with just a LITTLE ..a TAD bit of push..so i slid my butt up to the hump ..slid my butt a tad off the seat and the thing just railed ...it was great..as good if not better in the high speed turns as my ZR...so i sat there and scratched my head wondering where this horrible tippy flippy pushing problem comes from?? do all the people that ride these sleds say they are the worst trail sled ever..do they every move around on there seat on this sled or there last sled?? i guess im used to moving around on the sleds...i think this problem is way overblown...i agree longer carbides are in order especially on the SNO PRO with the bigger track..of course when has that never been a issue?? over all just like everyone says..balls to the walls power...flew over the woops like they werent there..and a solid ride..this sled IMO is perfect for me..and many others out there.....i guess once again..reminding all the people out there..take everything u read with a grain of salt...everybodys riding opinion is Differnent..i was freakin out that my sled would tip over and handle like crap because of ackerman..and then it would blow up..or bog..i guess im lucky..Zero things effected me..but for everyone else that hasnt riden there sleds...just ride it and see how u like it..dont let others make the descision for u on how its gonna handle or ride or blow up... By the way.. i went up to the UP for the day..got warm later on in the day but the trails were groomed..first ones out...and the trails rocked..didnt even need to go on the forest roads...today is the last day for riding around ironwood wakefeild area..the snow was toast as we were driving back by the town..we took the route up 11 to silver city...good times.. -_-

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is the shore of silver city...overlookin Lake Superior...no snow in town..dont go there unless u have to for gas!!

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is me and RTF7CAT from this fourm on our new rides..and a couple guys that "followed us" amazed with our sleds...haha

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey BFC,

We were thinking of going up to Calumet tomorrow...any snow left anywhere up in the U.P? Worth going at all? It is about a 7 hr. drive for us.

Great analogy...have only clocked about 100 miles so far on the 03' sleds and feel your description hit the nail right on the head!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhh well i have no idea where that is...got a map?? look at it and ill tell u were we went...started off from our hotel in Wakefield..i heard trail is trashed from ironwood to wakefield..and it was so warm..the local wakefeild trail was nice this morning..but dirt by the end of the day...to make it simple..trail 11...that goes from 8 all the way up to silver city rocked...the first and second pic shows that we were the first guys on it..saw maybe 15 sleds all day...if that doesnt get lots of traffic..it heavily wooded enough the snow aint going no where...but there are numerous roads around..if u NEED to...u can go..but i would say about 1 foot of snow is on the grounds..some places a little more some a little less..but they groom everyday so they kept it packed as much as they could..it supposed to be warm tommorw..not quite as warm as today..but no cool down in sight...i would say hold off..but 11 is a nice run...and so are all the rodes between...again...SILVER CITY ALONG THE SHORE HAS NO SNOW..so dont go there bud unless u NEED gas..we pulled up the gas station on the grass...sure enough it was closed...so we were gonna have to ride 3 miles along the shore to the next station...on grass and little patches of snow ..but just as we ready to say "oh well gotta get gas" the guy comes out from the hotel and asks if we need gas...he JUST bought the station and resort today...and open the store for us and gave us gas..he rocked!! life saver there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks BFC,
Calumet is past Houghton and Hancock...pretty far up the U.P. of Mich. Looks like you had pretty good snow. Hope it stays. I sure appreciate the info.

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Dean m , dont even think about wasting your time coming up here tomorrow the trails are shot its been it the high 40s low 50s for the last 2 days and is supposed to be tomorrow 2 just wait till later in the year than it will be worth it. Trails are shot now. By the way i am from Calumet B)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks you guys!

Any ideas where some snow is?
John did you get your recoil update? Graham had someone from the store pick one up from us yesterday for you.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Chief - great posts!! Nothing better than freshly groomed trails in the morning and a sled that rails!!!

BTW: THose goddam orange A-Arms nearly blinded me when I looked at the pic!! B) B) :lol: :D :p

·
Registered
827 Posts
man , thats good to hear chief,i'm glad to hear you had a great time,hopefully if we ever get snow we can hook up for a ride,,mike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey jay when do i get to see the pictures of ur "hump" ??? haha is it done yet...(stealing my idea <_< ) haha j/k jay ..also its funny u mention the blinding thing..today when i was on a long flat stretch..i would periodically lean over and look at my a arms ..then look up ahead...then look back down..and wonder...i wonder how far people can see these things up ahead? haha then because i was thinking about it..i hit a tree...no j/k lets hope not..to much time and money in that hunk of crap sled haha

Sure thing mad mike..id love to get a group of like 10 or more firecat guys only from this forum and go riding some day..would be funny to see this line of firecats..i just got a funny feeling..somwhere this winter..im gonna get the "hey ahh...dont mean to interupt u but are u that big fire chief from hardcoresledder with those wacky orange a arms??" haha...

·
Registered
53 Posts
John,

You can call Graham if you wish...if they don't have it anymore, let me know and we can hook you up if needed. I know he called me to see if we would set two aside for him (one for you and one for his demo).

Did you get any miles on your sled yet?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Dean,

No miles yet :angry: Doesn't look good in the near future either. ... :(

I really appreciate you offering to help take care of the recoil update, I might take you up on it :D
-John

·
Registered
53 Posts
John,

Not a problem. I was really looking forward to getting a couple of miles on this weekend (only weekend off this month)...doesn't look too good either. Even checked on the black hills and looks even worse than the U.P. Yuk!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Big Fire Chief@Dec 11 2002, 10:41 PM
hey jay when do i get to see the pictures of ur "hump" ??? haha is it done yet...(stealing my idea <_< ) haha j/k
LMAO!!!

I got the part, I just need to get the color I want and get the thing painted. I will have an "unveiling" when it is done!!! LOL!!!

F

·
0 Posts
hey Jleosnow, I do live in Calumet, why would i lie about that, if you ever come up ill show you some good riding spots up here that noone knows about. Ill keep you guys posted.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts