Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to hill today for some test and tune sessions and to try out some shit. BEWARE there are lots of BIG trees down across the trail. Some at bottom of blind hills. Do not assume all is clear ahead. I’m sur the clubs will be on it. BUT be cautious .

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What snow ? Lol. It’s pretty bare. Roads have a couple inches of I guess ice have to ride edges but it’s so hard there is almost no cooling . It’s not good for riding I was just testing . Few other guys there said they were having overheat issue. We need this snow that’s forecasted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What snow ? Lol. It’s pretty bare. Roads have a couple inches of I guess ice have to ride edges but it’s so hard there is almost no cooling . It’s not good for riding I was just testing . Few other guys there said they were having overheat issue. We need this snow that’s forecasted.
i live in central Minnesota and the riding is just ok atm we are supposed to get almost a foot on friday-saturday so hopefully the forecast isnt lying

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Went up to hill today for some test and tune sessions and to try out some shit. BEWARE there are lots of BIG trees down across the trail. Some at bottom of blind hills. Do not assume all is clear ahead. I’m sur the clubs will be on it. BUT be cautious .
Constant problem on The Hill due to the distance groomers need to travel just to get to one tree.
This is even worse in poor snow conditions because the clubs do not want to go out and make the trails worse than they already are by running a groomer through in marginal conditions and high temperatures.
Everyone should ride EVERY trail as if there is a hazard around every corner or at the other side of EVERY hill. Even is you came down a clear trail 3-4-5 hours before that does not mean the trail will be clear when you come back through!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope somebody goes out even on a wheeler or something and cuts at least 2 of them that are in really bad spots. If they get a couple inches and riders go out 100 percent guarantee somebody gets hurt really bad on one or both of those trees.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I hope somebody goes out even on a wheeler or something and cuts at least 2 of them that are in really bad spots. If they get a couple inches and riders go out 100 percent guarantee somebody gets hurt really bad on one or both of those trees.
I used to patrol the area where my camp was and remove trees and low hanging branches when I was at camp but between the DEC requiring all chainsaw operators take safety classes and carry certificates to cut on State Land (it would surprise you how many "Seasonal Roads" are actually easements on State Land) and the lack of help even by riders who happened upon my friends and I cutting up trees that had fallen across the trail I gave that up.

It's disgusting when you and your 70+ year old camp neighbor are clearing a trail and some dudes half your age come through and sit on their sleds and wait for you to move the tree you are cutting so they can pass.

·
Registered
165 Posts
WSYR is calling for 4 to 6 inches Thursday and some mild lake effect through the weekend and early next week. Hopefully we get more then that.

NYH1.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I saw that. I saw something for a total forecast of 12-20 but you know how that goes . I work all weekend hopefully it’s ridable by Monday (I start my vacation )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts