Hardcore Sledder banner
161 - 180 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Hanson's latest 900 is making pretty decent power I hear. It has better and more port work then Tom's but I wont argue dyno numbers. 200+hp 900's have twin pipes and run do on race gas is what the owner of D&D told me at the weenie roast this year.
I keep my sled or sleds stock for stock class racing. I would not get any satisfaction in racing a mod sled against stockers, plus for me it would be too easy, I like a challenge and close racing.

·
Vendor
11,171 Posts
any body wanting a 900 give us a call. we have access to them with a tune. around $3,200.00 with your stock cylinder/head. cylinder ported and transfers corrected and head matched with 900 Polaris piston's, a wye pipe matched to the ex. port and a tune. been tested on the dyno. not going to give h.p. #'s but the best one out there. 603-662-7370

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
any body wanting a 900 give us a call. we have access to them with a tune. around $3,200.00 with your stock cylinder/head. cylinder ported and transfers corrected and head matched with 900 Polaris piston's, a wye pipe matched to the ex. port and a tune. been tested on the dyno. not going to give h.p. #'s but the best one out there. 603-662-7370
Is the kit your selling the one BCM just now released? You say it’s the best? Have you run this kit against the other 900 kits? Yup no need for dyno numbers, on the snow is what actually matters.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Is the kit your selling the one BCM just now released? You say it’s the best? Have you run this kit against the other 900 kits? Yup no need for dyno numbers, on the snow is what actually matters.
I have ..No offense to anyone running a 900 other then a BCM big bore but to make power you need to move more air,its that simple. Stock 850 tune wont cut it below 2000 feet, maybe at 4k plus where there is less air it will probably be fine. You can make all the power you want at the dyno, if it rattles in the field its junk. A good tune is needed to finish the package end of story..

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I have ..No offense to anyone running a 900 other then a BCM big bore but to make power you need to move more air,its that simple. Stock 850 tune wont cut it below 2000 feet, maybe at 4k plus where there is less air it will probably be fine. You can make all the power you want at the dyno, if it rattles in the field its junk. A good tune is needed to finish the package end of story..
How does the BCM big bore compare to the one you ran at st germain this year?

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
BCM is going to reel back in some well deserved money for all their testing time and money that has flown out the window making the 900 find it's potential.
I've been hesitant to pull the trigger for his tune and tweak that he has for my Carl's 900. I had been hoping to get it fully out of break in with the stock 850 mapping but after a good long talk with master Boyd the other day I am no longer going to wait. When she hits the snow next year she will have some Boyd tweaking in her for sure. Maybe a little more up my sleave too. 🍻:LOL:

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Well said buddy.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
I bet NorthStar Rick hasn’t even see a BCM 900 running..
Does anyone want to see videos of a BCM 900 racing 850’s?
That's a dumb question 😂

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a dumb question 😂
I think alot of people interested in a bigbore for more power need to see that these so called big bores dont beat a good set up stock 850. Should show the video not beating a 850. On dyno most might make 5 hp gain.
These non ported bored out cylinders, with poor head designs, exhaust valves rubbing on the pistons, no proper tune for it, no exhaust components for them. If you want power get the best big bore 929. Dont waste your money supporting dealers.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
I think alot of people interested in a bigbore for more power need to see that these so called big bores dont beat a good set up stock 850. Should show the video not beating a 850. On dyno most might make 5 hp gain.
These non ported bored out cylinders, with poor head designs, exhaust valves rubbing on the pistons, no proper tune for it, no exhaust components for them. If you want power get the best big bore 929. Dont waste your money supporting dealers.
Ok? I just wanted to see the video 🤷🏻

161 - 180 of 248 Posts