Hardcore Sledder banner
181 - 200 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
That’s what I was trying to tell you and Rick earlier. Glad you see can see the light now.
I remember you saying the 900 would need more fuel in the mapping. "Not true" What else you were trying to tell me?

I heard through the grapevine you were looking for a Carl's 900??

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I think alot of people interested in a bigbore for more power need to see that these so called big bores dont beat a good set up stock 850. Should show the video not beating a 850. On dyno most might make 5 hp gain.
These non ported bored out cylinders, with poor head designs, exhaust valves rubbing on the pistons, no proper tune for it, no exhaust components for them. If you want power get the best big bore 929. Dont waste your money supporting dealers.
Sounds like you're saying all the 900's are whopping pieces of shit.
Not ported?
5HP at best?
Can't beat an 850?
Exhaust valves rubbing on pistons?
Who's 900 are you referring to anyways? I have to ask?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think I am loosing brain cells trying to decipher these last 20 posts.

Why so many shadow games on here. I cant even understand who even has a 900 and which kit they are running? It shouldn't be this hard. Just say whos kit, what it includes, whats the cost and what have been your results.

Seems like jmaxdox is the only one in this thread being open and honest to sharing his experience so we can all learn from it.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
Sounds like you're saying all the 900's are whopping pieces of shit.
Not ported?
5HP at best?
Can't beat an 850?
Exhaust valves rubbing on pistons?
Who's 900 are you referring to anyways? I have to ask?
If I had to guess Terra Alps.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I remember you saying the 900 would need more fuel in the mapping. "Not true" What else you were trying to tell me?

I heard through the grapevine you were looking for a Carl's 900??
There is more then one way to make the map work for a 900 and the stock map isnt it. I could explain but its way over your head lol
Never was looking for a Carl’s 900 as that would be my last choice. Most in the grapevine think I already have a 900

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
We raced 4 times , first run was a cold pipe, didn’t warm it enough my fault you won fair and square.
However last 3 runs in a row you lost, where is the 4th video? Don’t forget to tell the viewers you asked me to race, I wasn’t picking on you with a bigger sled 😂😂
For the viewers to know the hay bailer was turning a 151 rip 1 track which I have sence removed was slowing me down a great deal, thank you for watching 👍

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
There is more then one way to make the map work for a 900 and the stock map isnt it. I could explain but its way over your head lol
Never was looking for a Carl’s 900 as that would be my last choice. Most in the grapevine think I already have a 900
Exactly how I would expect for you to respond. ;)
There is also more than one way to set up any sled but you always seem to think your opinions are the best.

As for your 900 knowledge, why don't you tell us why Carl's is your last choice?
Not digging on you on this one but tell me which ones you think are better and why?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
We raced 4 times , first run was a cold pipe, didn’t warm it enough my fault you won fair and square.
However last 3 runs in a row you lost, where is the 4th video? Don’t forget to tell the viewers you asked me to race, I wasn’t picking on you with a bigger sled 😂😂
For the viewers to know the hay bailer was turning a 151 rip 1 track which I have sence removed was slowing me down a great deal, thank you for watching 👍
Come on Heath, excuses already LOL
Yup we raced 4 times that day but my buddy only got 3 vids, I would post the 4th if I had the vid. If we want we can count the races from the other day we were racing where your sled was nowhere near as fast as mine... Different day, different setups and different conditions is all.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Wasent conditions at all, was running a different pipe that didn’t have much smoke after 660
I don’t make excuses all facts, the jaws pipe needs to be hot, not warm. You won , I’m ok with that, whole set up was changed when I got home from there, won’t make that mistake again..

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Mike ran a whole different clutch setup Saturday as well. Way less aggressive for the looser snow for the drags. I helped him change the clutching. These races took place at end of day on way back to cabin on the trail. If he had the same progressive helix he was running Friday it may have been closer too. But regardless, both Heath and mikes sleds haul ass.

181 - 200 of 248 Posts