Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this was posted or not,but you need to keep an eye on the nut on the rear idler assembly..its #34 on chart.(im not sure if i attached file right)a guy i work with that also works at a cat shop said a guy brought a firecat in and the nut had fallen off,and it caused the track rails to get bent up and they had to be replaced.. and another guys came off but he noticed it in time..i got home this morning and checked mine..it was loose..only 7 miles on sled..just letting you know if you didnt already know B)

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you use any type of Loctite the bracket on the other side twist when tightening or loosening when you adjust your track later on.
You have to remove all the Loctite from the threads with lacquer thiner, spray a lubricate on the threads, wipe off, hold the other side (bracket) while tighting and with a good 1 1/2 inch wrench will tighten the nut, then use the wrench cat gave you in the tool kit attach a torque wrench to the wrench and torque to 30 foot lbs. - 30 foot pounds does'nt sound like much but it does take some effort to loosen.
I doubt if the shop's really ever torqued the nut after track alignment/tension.
I know people will say add Loctite, but I had problems with that after the fact.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I drilled a hole in mine and put a pin in mine also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts