Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve used C&A pro skis on all my previous cats, what’s the word on the curve skis? I’ve heard good things about them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Love the Mohawks on my 2015 9000. Great on trails with decent float on loose snow for a heavy sled. Very compliant for dealing with varying trail conditions.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the Mohawks on my 2015 9000. Great on trails with decent float on loose snow for a heavy sled. Very compliant for dealing with varying trail conditions.
So with the Mohawk, you buy the ski bottom , the mounting shoe, loops and carbides all as a separate item?

·
Registered
66 Posts
So with the Mohawk, you buy the ski bottom , the mounting shoe, loops and carbides all as a separate item?
Yes, not cheap, around 450-500, but it’s a high end ski. I think I found on sale 2years ago black on black with green loops for ~425. tried on my sons viper and had to have for my 2015 9000 Turbo 137 skid. Made it a great handling trail sled ice or loose. Was pretty good before. I’m sure even better on a TC.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll second the SLP Mohawks. I've used them on my SideWinder's with excellent results. On trail/off trail they just get the job done in all conditions with this chassis. I've had some riding buds who had Curve's on their sleds switch to the Mohawks after riding my sleds. Enough said.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
How bad are the darting characteristics of the Mohawks? Which runner are you running to keep darting to a minimum? I friggin hate dart.......

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
How bad are the darting characteristics of the Mohawks? Which runner are you running to keep darting to a minimum? I friggin hate dart.......
I thought Mohawks were like wider SLT skis-which do not dart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
With my experience over the last few years with the MoHawk skis on a SideWinder there is Zero darting. As with any ski you need to get your ski alignment in check and your front/rear suspensions dialed in and you'll be golden. I can ride down a worn down straight hardpack trail at the tail end of a weekend with only one hand on the bars without any problem keeping the front end in check without any effort. I've had the best results running the SLP 6" carbide.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have both C&A and CURVE and like the C&A better when you drop space the runner dwn a 1/4" for more bite....BUT i just put on the new ARROW ll from Kimpex... split runner, looks awesome and will let you know how they run. 350.00 canadian, including 4 carbides!!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
With my experience over the last few years with the MoHawk skis on a SideWinder there is Zero darting. As with any ski you need to get your ski alignment in check and your front/rear suspensions dialed in and you'll be golden. I can ride down a worn down straight hardpack trail at the tail end of a weekend with only one hand on the bars without any problem keeping the front end in check without any effort. I've had the best results running the SLP 6" carbide.
How are the Mohawks for steering effort compared to stock? I'm currently running snow trackers on the stock skis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts