Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
One thing I dislike about my Ram Laramie is the lack of a telescopic wheel. Ford and Chevy both have it and Ram even has it on the half ton. Makes no sense it’s not available on the 3/4 and 1 ton.
I fully agree, I am on like my 10th or so 3/4 ton Dodge/ram, truck now, and owned many mopar vehicles since the 70's that had the telescopic steering post
NO clue why its not an option on these VERY expensive trucks
and also thik these 4 gen HD towing mirrors SUCK, there only any good when you have them fully extended and even then there not that great, , then when not towing you look like a idiot having them out, but if you don't I for one cannot see for crap with them
add in the fact they cheapen out on NO heating element on the concave mirror, like really?? as if that heating element must cost too much to add to them??

I am not sure how hard it is to make a better design mirror, that can be power IN OUT and fold, and just keep things always the same way, not rotating like chevy/Gmc/ ford does?
as again for what these trucks cost, there should be way better quality on many parts of them IMOI
WAY better rust protection being a Main one for me
I'm happy with ride quality to a point, but at 60 grand for a HD truck, it should last longer than they do, as just age alone kills them, my 12016 is rusting now, and has been for 3 yrs now, they CLAIM its NOT bad enough top all it warranty, , so gather when it is bad enough,the warranty will be gone and I
ll be shit out of luck and they PLAN things this way!, sell you a new one is there goal!

·
Registered
646 Posts
good info, thanks. I think i would get the Aisin if I got the Ram. Hard to believe that you think the 04 Chevy handles trailers better than the Ram. I pull 14-20 k with my Ram and a 03 HD often and think the Ram is much better. I also despise Ram's mirrors.
I would definitely recommend the Aisin. I dont buy trucks brand new, and couldnt find what I wanted with an Aisin. the 19 Ram was everything I wanted including the color, just not with the Aisin. Had 16K on it and I bought it for $40K. The Ram is better in certain situations, but the rear definitely bounces after going through a dip or cross culvert where the Chevy doesn't.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I fully agree, I am on like my 10th or so 3/4 ton Dodge/ram, truck now, and owned many mopar vehicles since the 70's that had the telescopic steering post
NO clue why its not an option on these VERY expensive trucks
and also thik these 4 gen HD towing mirrors SUCK, there only any good when you have them fully extended and even then there not that great, , then when not towing you look like a idiot having them out, but if you don't I for one cannot see for crap with them
add in the fact they cheapen out on NO heating element on the concave mirror, like really?? as if that heating element must cost too much to add to them??

I am not sure how hard it is to make a better design mirror, that can be power IN OUT and fold, and just keep things always the same way, not rotating like chevy/Gmc/ ford does?
as again for what these trucks cost, there should be way better quality on many parts of them IMOI
WAY better rust protection being a Main one for me
I'm happy with ride quality to a point, but at 60 grand for a HD truck, it should last longer than they do, as just age alone kills them, my 12016 is rusting now, and has been for 3 yrs now, they CLAIM its NOT bad enough top all it warranty, , so gather when it is bad enough,the warranty will be gone and I
ll be shit out of luck and they PLAN things this way!, sell you a new one is there goal!
I like the fold down design of the Ram mirrors, but the glass needs to be convex or different than it is. No depth perception with them

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I'm looking to get out of my '17 Sierra right now. It's an absolute rust bucket. And the transmission is starting to act strange. 82,000 miles. I would highly suggest not buying a bowtie if you want to keep the truck for a very long time. I know they all rust but come on, I paid less for my first house than I did this truck.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts