Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I just got back from northern Maine(Shin Pond) and it was hte best riding i have ever done. We trailered from Lisbon Maine, to Newport, then rode from Newport to shin pond(175 miles)we then stayed overnight at shin pond village. the trails all the way up were PERFECT We we ridin at about 80mph for most of the time, but had to slow down alot because of the 370 that was with us. But it was so great. No problems at all. All in all we did 350 miles there and back, and it was awesome. Too many revs out and about, we need sum firecats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Do you remeber what ITS trails you rode? I live about 30 miles north of Newport and that sounds like a great little ride. I'll be headin' up to Greenville next week and then over to Millinocket. Should be some great riding.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We spent the last two weekends in the County riding. Staying in Caribou, we go up 5 or 6 times a year. Absolutly fantastic going. Over 800 miles and great riding and even better people and the food is always good. You have to have dinner at the Sporting Club if you go to the County, it's a real treat. And of course no trip is complete without lunch at Lakeview.

Safe riding, Steve

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Was up 3 weeks ago for a week! We rode over from Rangeley. The trail from Rockwood (Birches) to Kokajo over to Millonocket was unreal...... 80mph all the way. NE Carry, Ragged Mountain Mtn and Spencer pond trails were awesome too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to my dooryard guys. I live in No Maine, Washburn. The trails are great and should be good into April with the snow pack we have. Talking another 10" this weekend. I was down in Jackman, Greenville area a couple weekends ago. I don't know how you guys stand it down there. Too much traffic for me. I guess I am too used to Northern Maine, New Brunswick, and Quebec. It was like going through an obstacle course to make it around the corners without getting hit. Its real pretty country down there but I guess I will have to look at pictures. By the way, if you are up in this area be sure to stop into the Washburn Trailrunners Clubhouse for some good food and hospitality. It sits on the intersection of trail 66 and Trail 83. Great people there and always open for meals on the weekends from Friday night on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Spudac,
Had breakfast at the Washburn clubhouse on Tuesday morning. Always a favorite stop. Great people in the county, I live in Auburn and have been going to the county for 16 years. 5 or 6 times a year, (3 so far this year)

My favorite time is late March, nice weather, long days, great night riding after a big dinner at the Sporting Club.

I also ride in the Eustis area alot, very pretty but as you said very busy.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
198 Posts
Shameful1
Glad to hear you stopped by. We are very proud of the clubhouse. Hard to believe I used to buy my fertilizer out of that building a few years ago. A lot of hard volunteer labor turned it into quite a place. We have several ladies that keep that kitchen going all winter on a volunteer basis. It is amazing how much work they put into it. It is a huge help to the club financially. I will pass your kind words along to the ladies. Half the town goes there during the winter for Friday night stew. Good sledding to you.

Spudac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts