Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have experience in 120 snocross in Michigan? My son is 4 and wants to race really bad. I have seen a few santions out there (WSA regional and MSXRA). Just want to hear some feedback as to how the series was run and whatever else....

Thanks....we need to keep the mini sled forum going.....there is a lot of good information out there.

Brian

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
my son raced in wsa last year and loved it. One of the thing i liked about the wsa is you could race sat OR sunday. We could only race on sunday due to work and other stuff. The kids had there own track which is smaller than the big guys with some jumps, then if you made the final you ran the big track. wsa would groom the big track so all of the ruts would be gone but the BIG jumps are still there. wsa would tech the sled and watch the mph. my son finished a close 2nd in year end points for sunday, and he is looking towards this year. I f you need more info let me know or check out www.snowcross.net that is the web site for the michigan wsa.mark

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I bought a used 120 with some mod's on it and I need to make sure it falls within the rules so we are going to go to the first race in Gaylord on 12/17-18 to check it out.

Do you know what the speed limit is for his class (He is 4)? And if you could fill me in on some of the costs from last year such as membership, race fees, spectator fees, parking.....

You help is really appreciated.

Brian

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Brian i think for his age the speed is 10 or 12mph. Check on the race web site for the rules just to make sure. Make sure the front and rear bumpers have some kind of padding. put clear tape on the headlight and taillight. For clothes saftey, must have a tek vest,shin/knee guards,and mouth piece(like in football).Theres really not any mods you can do exept jetting and gearing. I'm trying to remember the fees,my boy became a wsa memeber $100.00 i think and each race cost $45.00? to enter plus pit pass for moms and dads. The best would be to check on www.snowcross.net for memebership info and $$$. I hope this helps some

mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts