Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate to say it but if I wasnt a die hard cat man i would be riding that sled. I dont like the colors but im sure you can chose a differnent color combination. I will stick with my kick ass f-7 til Jan 04 when they release a mid season f-8 :p (fingers crossed). Cat Fever

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
What good is this sled if you are frozen when you ride it, no windshield protection.

·
Registered
530 Posts
not to be mean but i think its called a coat and it keeps you warm. I have honestly rode with no windshield on my snowmobile and never gotten cold. so i dont think its that bad the size of the windshield. ITs an aggresive sled for an aggresive rider obiously you arent an agressive rider of you get cold if u have a small windshield. Heck even my dad didnt get cold with no widnshield on my f-cat and he rides the least agressive i hav ever seen anyone ride.Again not to be mean but it may intrest a lot of people. Just because it doesnt to you doenst mean its no good.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
If you read test rider reports, this is one of the things they judge, wind shield protection. I was just pointing out they are going to get docked on windwhield protection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
wind protection means a lot to some people. my chest generally doesn't get cold with my low windshield, but if my dad takes out my sled that's all he complains about. i've ridden a rev in cold weather and let me tell you, even with handgrip warmers your fingers are still frozen. kinda takes the fun out of it.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is just the x package sled thats why it comes with the racer bars windsheild and handguards, the normal package rev- renagade will have the big windsheild some of you guys want!

·
Registered
960 Posts
that is the balls, next in line to the nightfire! if I diddnt have a ass kickin firecat a rev would be next choice

·
Registered
745 Posts
i ride standing up most of the tme, so no use of a windshield for me, just more to clean.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 144 ext firecat was a dissapointment for me, it should have been a 136 and had the option of snopro. The renagade pictured about is and X model with resevoirs and better shocks, and its 136 so it will handle better than the 144 firecat ext. Also the 144 ext has flat rails, but the sks or now switchback has tipped up rails to improve handling, or equal to a flat rail 136, but i will still take a 136 over a 144, thats too long for the trails, which is more based for than deep snow. But thats just my .02 cents, but i think the renagade x package rev puts the ext firecats to shame, sorry cat guys.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It still has the pyramid frame that won't take the abuse! 2 of my buddies have had to reinforce their front end where the a arms attach. Just don't jump it or take any hard hits to the skis!
JMO

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by skikvt@Mar 2 2003, 12:23 PM
It still has the pyramid frame that won't take the abuse! 2 of my buddies have had to reinforce their front end where the a arms attach. Just don't jump it or take any hard hits to the skis!
JMO
hmm i cant say any "trail" sled is up to the challenge of big bump riding. The motor on my f7 snopro is twisted because i bent my motor mounts. My motor is down on the clutch side and pointed northwest on the silencer side. And i have not heard any rev having bent a arms. The pyridal frame is supposed to be 600 times as rigid as the zx and the zx was a pretty tough sled.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by Spinman@Mar 1 2003, 01:43 PM
I think its BAD ASS.... I will be ordering an 04 Revagade...
well spinman dont get use to being in front as now. When you are riding your renagade, that tail light in front of you is the f7 you sold to someone.

good luck with your Renagade, you will be back!!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Earl McCreary+Mar 2 2003, 08:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Spinman
@Mar 1 2003, 01:43 PM
I think its BAD ASS.... I will be ordering an 04 Revagade...
well spinman dont get use to being in front as now. When you are riding your renagade, that tail light in front of you is the f7 you sold to someone.

good luck with your Renagade, you will be back!!!![/b]
earl,

are you talking about the trails or lake? in the trails the firecat ext will most likely be seeing the revagades tail light. And if they are both 600's its a pretty even match for power, possibly the doo has more. I have not seen any official dyno graphs for the f6 so i do not the real horsepower but the 600 ho got dynoed at 119.6 and thats good. But if your comparing the 800 ho to the f7, you may be right, but time will tell.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts