Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think for on the lake(lose snow) racing from a dead stop, to take the blocks out would be the best hole shot?
Thankyou Skydog

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
A friend of mine took his blocks out of his zr9 and raced a zr with blocks in and he said the zr9 with them in got him by 4-5 lengths out of the hole because he got to much weight transfer. So i would say keep it stock or adjust them for more but dont take them out. You can try them to see how they work.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Take the blocks OUT.......blocks=ski pressure. You will never see a drag racer with coupling blocks in. The first thing I did was take the plastic off the block.....tried that and still want more transfer so I will be taking them right out. I dont even care for them when riding the trails or ditches.....

R

·
0 Posts
That is ture you want some weight transfer to drag race, but if you have seen a good drag sled set-up, its not doing wheelies. It would have the skis 6" of the ground for most of the track. Once you do a wheelie, there is a good chance to break the track loose because there in little or no presure on the front slide rails. Not putting the track to the ground.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Leave blocks in you need weight transfer so not to loose traction Years ago we even tried wheelie bars on our open mods to keep front end down on pro drag circuit

·
Registered
841 Posts
I find that half way down the stretch your skies have alot of pressure on them........I know you guys are not going to hear this but the last time I was out racing I had my couplers in and a stock ZR800>>geared 23/40 blew past me like I was standing still at the half way point>>>>>his couplers were out and you could see his skies hovering about 3 inches off the ground.........perfect as far as I am concerned>>>>>>>>> Its like I could feel my front end dragging..............blocks are OUTA here>>>>>>one more note ....these F7's are NOT short track machines they will react differently than a 121

·
Registered
986 Posts
True but adj the blocks on the softest & skis will float

·
Registered
696 Posts
Arctic Cat added a coupled suspension 2 years ago or so for that reason. In the past, w/o the couplers, there was WAY too much ski lift for racing applications (needed more track on the snow). So...they added the couplers to eliminate this. Regardless, none of this means a damn thing. All of us ride in a different position, have different weights, and have different thumbs. One set-up does not fit all! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts