Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 zr 900 carb standard with a slp pipe,speedwerx head,and boyesen rad valves.I would like to know what would be the best clutch kit for it.I do 75 % trail riding and 25 % lake racing.I am looking to match a clutch kit to the performance upgrades I have above.-Any info would be great thank you.-

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Call Fett Bros. Their kits use the heavy hitters, and I think they sell the slps pipes so they would have an idea where to start.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other clutch kits that people had good luck with.-Thanks-

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 05 with about the same mod but is ported and I use carbon teck reeds I have a cpr kit in it right know it is a great kit for trail riding but I did not like for drag racing with a 53/38 helax and a green and yellow sec spring and 80 grams of weight

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 800@Sep 14 2005, 12:37 PM
I have a 05 with about the same mod but is ported and I use carbon teck reeds I have a cpr kit in it right know it is a great kit for trail riding but I did not like for drag racing with a 53/38 helax and a green and yellow sec spring and 80 grams of weight
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874624
[/quote]
Did you gain any top end from your clutch kit at all.And how was it from low to midrange.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I like the cpr kit for trail riding it works great for me. It comes with the heavy hitters also. I moved so of the weight around to change the shifting characteristics and like it even more know. I have 88grams of weight total for each arm now also. My low and mid range punch is great also the back shift is still there. For top end I am going to use a o6 secondary with the longer belt. That should aid in low and top end both.

·
Registered
209 Posts
top end wise I don,t think it helped I also i,m going with the larger sec. I order it out of hi perf catalog

·
Registered
889 Posts
How much is the 06 secondary????Any back order??
Also ,is the o6 clutch a larger diameter,thus needing the longer belt.
If you have the time,please explain a little for the dummies like me,or just me!!!!!!!!
I have all stock motor,but put a 136 track on there ,and lost some low end and mid range,I'd like it back if possible

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go to the firecat forum they have been debating the 06 vs D&D or BMP clutch mod
There is lots of info about it if you search for it.
I think you would like what the bigger sec. has to offer with the longer track!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts