Discussion Starter #3
then what exact kit does D&D have that works so well

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F7 Stock Pipe Clutch Kit
ID: 200-7201

This is one of the best clutch kits we've ever made! You can pick-up 4-5 sled lengths over a stock F7 in 1000 feet. It also has a very friendly 3500 RPM engagement.

That is D&D's clutch kit above for $179 US.. is that the one to get?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, on my 01 T-cat the D&D clutch kit was reving the motor at 8600 with the stock pipes and gearing. Yes, I did order the kit for a "stock" motor.

I don't think I'll buy another D&D kit after that encounter, at least I won't be the first to order up in our group.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess this is a mute thought now that I've ordered the
SPEED WERX clutch kit and INTAKE

praying for snow..... !!

·
Registered
866 Posts
With the narrowed track too high of an ingagement rpm and you lose traction off the start the sled pulls so hard you dont need to raise the rpm to launch. I have the d&d kit and its awesome I'll run anybody on anything!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I HAD THE D&D CLUTCH KIT IN MINE .WAS GREAT TO 1000 FEET BUT DIDENT PULL GOOD AFTER THAT .YOU WILL FIND THAT THE STOCK CLUTCHING WILL BE FASTER ON TOP.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine also...comes in around 4000,but got a slite bog,Kinkcatf7 did you stud the closed windows??studing with 1.5 roetins...that why i asked....thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey Sniper try Echo Cycle in Edmonton.
They have a web site with a toll free number.
Dave B. in parts can set you up with whatever you need.
Evil

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spenc2u the bottom line when it comes to the clutch kit is going to be one that fits the sled you are ridding.In order to get the untimate performance, pick one like D&D or Dakota Performance and see how it compares to your stock set up. If your sled runs better, than it is an improvement, but not necessarily the ultimate one. Now you got a base line but have little problems like not getting enough rpms or over reving or a bog out of the hole or whatever, it this point don't give up on the clutch kit, but fine tune it. Remember the primary clutch controls rpm and the secondary clutch controls the torque of the sled it senses the load on the sled and keep the proper side pressure on the belt. it also is dominant over the primary, which means if your sled is pulling hard (like on softer snow or a heavy ridder etc.) the driven clutch will respone according shifting up for less resistance and shifting down for resistance. BY ALL MEANS BEFORE YOU START TESTING MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A NEW BELT THAT IS BROKE IN AND THE RIGHT DEFLECTION AND THAT YOUR PRIMARY IS SPOTLESS.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Kingnsow...i have a problem and can't get it fixed,i get a slight bog off line if it hooks up hard,but in soft snow it's fine,i cleaned both clutches,took out thin shim the same, and tried thick one worse the belt is making a squealing noise,so i put the thick one back in,and i tried a new belt and pluges,i have a DP clutch kit,i tried a 20/39 and that didn't slove the problrm eather,so i don't know what it is, would a higher engagement help rite now i come at about 4000,had the sled at the dealer for updates and the compression checked he said that it was 150 psi on both.....any info would be helpfull...thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Your slipping the belt...Maybe your clutches and belt are contaminated with oil or grease when your working on the sled... Did you wash your belt with hot soapy water and a scrub brush?? The belt manufacturer uses cutting oil when slicing the belt to cool the blade.. It is a must to keep the clutches clean by using scotch brite pad and wipe off with acetone... I had the same problem but after a good cleaning the clutches now grip the belt without slipping...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts