Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently took delivery of my new SideWinder SRX. After years of using the sub-par Tuner skis on their 4-stroke sleds Yamaha finally designed their own single keel ski that remarkably resembles the single keel Arctic Cat ski. Go figure:) It even uses the same bolt pattern for the carbide. Yamaha technology at it's best I guess.

What I'd like is some advice on what carbides T-Cat owners have found to give the best results using the stock T-Cat skis.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I used to say studboy 7.5 duce with stock skis for all turbos but since I tried my wife's turbo with snow trackers aggressive I put them on mine last year and they are even better! that is the prefect combo for any trail turbo, just make sure and add preload to the center skid and take a little off the ski shocks. I got luck and nailed it first try but some say it takes a couple adjustments to get the sweet spot. Once you have it, its like power steering without push. They really are an impressive change, enough that once the wife road hers she said don't touch a thing its perfect.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
My sample size is limited but my experience with snow trackers was downright scary in crusty snow. There seems to be an absolutely love them or an accident waiting to happen approach with the trackers, any input or advice?

For me, 7.5" shapers has worked great from stock to C&A and Curves.

·
Premium Member
33,245 Posts
My sample size is limited but my experience with snow trackers was downright scary in crusty snow. There seems to be an absolutely love them or an accident waiting to happen approach with the trackers, any input or advice?

For me, 7.5" shapers has worked great from stock to C&A and Curves.
X2. you couldnt pay me to put snow trackers on a sled. shapers are my go to, unless someone has darting concerns and then we usually install a dual runner of some sort.
even better, put on a good aftermarket ski.

·
Insane Madcatter
307 Posts
I like to play off-trail so I'll stick with the somewhat dangerous factory mountain ski's on my 20 XTX, but these caught my eye:

Might be good, might be a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have the snow trackers and have never experienced any of the comments I have read on them. Just what are they doing? Been on every imaginable condition in the UP with them. In fact we joke between the 3 of us that have them that they feel like power steering in the tight twisties. We have dumped Cat's shotty middle spring and removed the couplers outback just because we all came from mountain sleds and prefer the transfer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Woody's Dooly's with the stock ski are money. No darting no matter what the conditions, drive straight through everything and bite good in the corners.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all of the replies so far. Good stuff. Thanks to everyone who's chimed in so far with your opinion.

There seems to be quite a debate on using single blade runners (Shapers, Bergstroms) vs dual blade runners on the stock skis.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I run Snow Trackers on my 1100 and they are awesome in every type of condition, have duallies on my 600 and they are fine.I rode my buddies winder with shaper bars and it was so darty it really felt unsafe. Setting the sled up correctly is important with ST'ers. I have 10000km on mine, still look good

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Purely a guess. Occasionally I see a bad review on SnowTrackers amongst many accolades.. When I do its the opposite of my experience with them on 5 sleds now. I guess/wonder if some in search of control with other carbides...increase ski pressure experimenting...then eventually put SnowTrackers on with a lot of ski pressure in place. Of course with Snowtrackers it requires the opposite of that with light ski pressure.

Just a guess knowing Ive never experienced anything close to those not liking them. On the other hand...not t trying to change any minds...do what you are comfortable with ! I can tell you my experience has been really great with them. I am thrilled with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts